Singing and Shopping

Start from the beginning

"Why'd you pause it, Ev?"

"I didn't know you could sing so well?"

Connor looked away, his hair hiding his face, but Evan could still see that he was blushing at the compliment.

"Wh-what do you mean? I don't sing well," he denied, clearly surprised by Evan's rather sudden intrigue and praise of his vocal ability. This only made Evan smile brighter, excited to learn this new fact about his boyfriend.

"You could sing this well this whole time?" Evan asked, leaning forward to urge Connor to spill. Connor looked back, still embarrassed by the compliment.

"W-well, Zoe and I, we use to sing together," Connor replied, a little nervous especially when Evan is just quietly listening to him with all his attention, holding onto his hand tightly, "and I just learned to sing from that?"

"W-well, you sounded amazing!"

Connor turned away, hiding the bright red of his face as he muttered out a quick thanks.

-----

Jared held a bag of items on each hand, tired from lugging them from the car to the front door. Alana and Zoe were also carrying the same amount as they reached the front door of the Murphy household.

As the approached the porch, all of them practically dropped the bags of items on the wooden floor, lethargic.

"I'll never get this feeling of being able to buy random shit freely," Jared sighed, still trying to comprehend the fact that the Murphy's were so rich that Zoe had practically begged them to spend some money. Alana nodded in agreement, both a little saddened that after today, they could not do the same.

"Well, that's why I told both of you to get whatever you want today," Zoe replied, giggling as she fumbled in her back pocket to bring out the set of keys to the house. She inserted the key and twisted, the door swinging open as all of them got ready to carry the items in.

Jared was the first to rush inside, placing the items beside the couch and wiping the sweat off his forehead with a sense of accomplishment. Alana followed after him, then Zoe.

"Well, at least we-"

Alana was about to speak, when Zoe quickly shushed her, earning a quiet little 'rude' comment from Alana. She stood still, seemingly listening out for something. She then pointed towards the staircase, which made both Alana and Jared listen in. They heard it too, music from upstairs.

Slowly, they all creeped their way up the stairs, finally locating the source of the music to be from Connor's room. Zoe was the first to rush to the door, pressing her ear against it. Jared soon followed, a mischievous look on his face. Alana stood beside the door, clearly disappointed.

"You shouldn't be spying on them," Alana whispered, rolling her eyes at both of their actions. Jared just snickered as Zoe whispered a reply.

"Well, what the hell are they doing with the music that loud?"

Alana paused, confused as to what she meant when the explanation clicked into her head. She heard both of them snicker quietly, and felt a sigh of disappointment. She pinched the bridge of her nose, clearly upset by the immature thought process of both.

"You guys really think they would be doing that? Truly, what kind of friends are you," Alana asked, truly offended as she raised her voice slightly. She almost felt the need to shout at them, but she realised that she can only explain rationally when she is calm.