Singing and Shopping

Evan has always been fascinated with people singing, especially if it's harmonising.

He just loved the brilliant sound of people singing together in perfect harmony as it is so very pleasing to the ear. He loved it so much that he knows how to harmonise with most of the songs on his phone.

He would usually just listen to the songs on his phone, and randomly design his own harmony for them.

Since Evan was over at Connor's house most of the time, Connor would occasionally hear Evan singing to something. This would give him many ideas.

They were both in Connor's room, when Connor had decided to ask Evan to sing a song. He suggested Can't Help Falling In Love, since it described both of their feelings towards each other accurately.

It was extremely embarrassing for Evan, to be serenading his boyfriend. In fact, he didn't even think he would be good enough. Connor held such high expectations for him, but he's unsure if he'll meet them. However, seeing Connor's comforting smile completely shook away his uneasiness.

And so he complied.

Evan played the song out loud since they were both in alone, together in Connor's room. No one was home. His dad had work, his mom went for some yoga classes and Zoe, Jared and Alana went out shopping.

He listened to the song playing in the background, instantly humming along and finding the right key. Connor just quietly stared at Evan, listening to him figure out what note to sing. After he had a general feel of the key, he restarted the video and sang along.

"Wise men say," Evan sang, giving a small smile that made Connor stare with a red face, "only fools rush in."

"But I can't help," Evan took this chance to look at Connor with a more than obvious blush, creating a heart with his hands while he faced Connor.

"Falling in love with you," he then pointed both his hands to Connor with an adorable smile plastered on his face.

Connor dazed for a bit, feeling his face warm up. He reached forward, pausing the video and then slowly placed both his hands on the bed. Evan stopped, confused as to why the video paused while he glanced over at Connor. He was staring into space, a light blush on his cheeks.

"I...uh...Connor," Evan called out, attempting to get his attention. Connor continued dazing at Evan, still unresponsive to his call. Evan raised his hands, tapping Connor's shoulders. This cause him to jolt, blinking away his confusion as he turned towards Evan.

"I...huh, Ev?"

Evan gazed worryingly, as he silently watched Connor awaken himself.

"O-oh, sorry," Connor responded, apologetically. He proceeded to brush his entire face with his hand, to clear himself of all signs of being out of it, "I was dazing off for a bit, huh? Sorry about that."

"N-no, it's fine," Evan replied, holding onto Connor's hand with a smile. Connor gripped Evan's hand, smiling back.

"Anyways, the song?"

Evan blushed heavily, being reminded that he just made those embarrassing signs towards Connor. Those signs were true, of course, but that didn't make them any less embarrassing. Despite his apparent embarrassment after being reminded of those actions, Evan still nodded.

"Alright," Connor reached forward towards Evan's phone, playing the video again. Hailey Reinhart's voice sounded from his phone, as the cursive writing of the lyrics flashed on the screen.

Evan started singing again, following her voice quite closely. This time, Connor joined in, singing a higher harmony with ease. Evan's shut eyes flung open, as his relaxed shoulders suddenly tensed up. He glanced over to Connor with a clearly shocked expression. His finger flew to his phone, pausing the song and stared back to Connor, who wore a confused look.