His jaw clenched, he knew I was right.

"What I want is to get as far away from this place, without any ties or anyone to remind me of this whole experience. What I need to do is look after you."

 "Why?" I pushed.

"Because I promised her! She knew I was a cop. I was the one that told her to escape because Tate assured me he wouldn't do anything when we found you both. I tried to lead him away from you both but he got twice the amount of people against me. Whilst you were knocked out I came into the room and she said to me 'no matter what happens, look after Ally.' I made a promise to her that I'd look after you and I swear, if it's the last thing I do, I'll do it."

He stormed out of my room, slamming the door shut behind him.

I wanted so badly to jump to conclusions. I wanted to be angry that she left out details, I wanted to be angry that she knew she was going to die first. There was so much I wanted to ask her.

I threw my head into my pillows and screamed, louder than I ever had before. I screamed until hot tears fell from my face and my lungs burnt with every breath. My tangled mess of a mind locked itself away as I fell unconscious.

****

The week was a disaster.

It seems I didn't even have to make up my mind. Ms Hanaway was in my room packing a large percentage of the time. I felt like it was because she wanted me to leave, so she could think things over without having me around.

I had approximately a day before I was 'leaving'. I hadn't seen Harvey or anyone else since.

Max popped her head through the door and smiled when she saw me.

"Can we talk?" 

I nodded my head. I hadn't spoken a word all week, in fear of opening my mouth to an explosion of tears. 

Ms Hanaway didn't take this as her cue to leave, instead packed slower. She had gone through a whole suitcase and I didn't even have much stuff. She must have bought more.

"Jason and I are staying here. He insists he wants to focus on work and I need to go back to my parents. We can't go with you. You need your time to recover fully and when you get back we can all be together properly." 

I frowned at her.

"You understand...don't you?"

I nodded.

Just because I understood didn't mean I was happy with their decision.  She gave me a short but sweet hug and left the room. Ms Hanaway glanced at me from the corner of her eye.

"You sure you're okay with this?"

I shrugged my shoulders. I didn't have much of a choice really. Deep down I knew why I was so negative about this situation.

I felt like if I left. I would be leaving Chelsea behind.

****

The rain splattered down, hitting the windows roughly as the airport glistened with people. 

"Where are you supposed to meet this guy?" My Dad asked.

He put a hand on my shoulder and I shrugged it off.

"Over here." My Mom called.

I followed her as she made her way to a group of about five boys, with a stray girl in the middle with blonde hair was had stray plaits running through it. 

"Hello Harvey." My mother said warmly.

I kept my sulk on as they greeted each other, he even stood to embrace her and give a friendly handshake to my dad.