Finale

I know there's no prologue to this story but I knew you guys were forcing me to write a little bit more. Thanks, again, for reading. I read every single comment and they all make me smile so thank you very much for that! I love you guys a lot! 

And thank you to @Echoyourname_ for the amazing cover!

Eden.

***

Time has a way of flying by without anyone knowing so. 

I'd stayed in my hometown, knowing I'd miss it too much if I left. I'd married Harvey years ago, we had two children. Isabelle and Marcus, names that both Chelsea and I had agreed on when we were children. 

We'd gotten a bigger home, flew across the world and lived our lives as a family. And every day I found myself smiling until my cheeks hurt. I worked in an office as a manager, believe it or not. Computers were always my thing and always will be. 

My office was extravagant. It had silver and black decorations and a glass table with my large computer on it. Notepads and sticky notes were thrown all over the table. A small silver chandelier hung above my head, for the times I worked late. I had a large window that gave me a direct view of the City.

And a TV hung in the corner. 

I was at work today, in my long pencil skirt and blouse. I was typing up a messagefor Mr Healy. There was a knock on the door.

"Ally, I'm going on a coffee run. Do you want anything?" Mr Healy's assistant asked.

"Mocha frappe please Melanie."

She nodded and shut my glass door behind her. I continued to type away. The TV was on but I wasn't paying any attention to it. It's only until I heard that name, that name that haunted me for sixteen years, did my head shoot up.

"Christopher Hawk has been released from prison. He paid millions for a lawyer, which clearly paid off well. Him and Tate Burke were arrested for gang related acts, murder and assault, yet only Chris was released earlier this morning." 

My jaw dropped open.

I scrambled for the phone, dialing Harvey's number.

"Hello?"

"Harvey, meet me at the school. Quickly." 

"What? What's wrong?"

"Chris has been released from prison." 

The phone went silent before he hung up. I threw all of my stuff in my bag and dashed out of the office, almost knocking people out of my way to get there. 

I jumped in my car and threw my foot onto the pedal, speeding through the streets. I got to the kids' school to find Harvey's already there, panting breathlessly from running.

I rushed towards him and he pulled me into his chest.

"You'll be alright, okay? I promise you'll be alright." 

"We're less than five hours away from the prison, he could have had time to come here. H-He might-"

"He isn't going to touch you, not while I'm here." 

My trembling form clung on to Harvey for dear life, he kissed my forehead and stroked my hair lovingly.

Isabella and Marcus left the school hand in hand. I ran over and hugged them to my chest.

"Mommy, can we go to McDonalds?" Marcus asked as Harvey drove us home. 

"No, we have to get home now." Harvey replied.