Chapter 1

"It's not working."

I turned my head towards Chelsea to see her sigh at the computer screen in front of her.

"That's because you put bend instead of end, idiot."

She let out a snort and I cracked a smile.

"Shut up Ally, Miss Perfect. I'll have you know, you put 5647 when it's 5677, that's why your's isn't loading." Chelsea pointed out.

I stuck my tongue out at her and sheepishly changed it. 

Chelsea and I were both sat in the library on the computers while the sun shone in the window next to us. This is where we spent our lunch. While the reckless youth were off bathing in the sun or screaming in the cafeteria, we were stuck with our eyes glued to a screen.

The coding loaded on the page and I checked over my shoulder to make sure no one was coming.

"Five, four, three, two, one."

The janitor's closet beamed to life on the screen as we hacked into the camera's. I stared on Chelsea's screen to see the boys bathroom and scolded my best friend.

"Pervert!" 

She let out a gasp.

"Oh, I'm the pervert? You're the one looking at the janitor's closet!"

"I'm waiting for Nicole Roberts and Jason Leech to get caught for once so I can begin my revenge scheme. You're just messed up!"

She frowned as she thought about it before sighing.

"You're right I'll get it off."

She clicked off it just in time as footsteps echoed in the distance. I slammed my finger down and attempted to shut off the screen but ended up breaking the 'power off' button.

"Shit." I swore as I tried to cover the screen with my back as the intruder came closer.

I say intruder knowing that the school library computers were open to everyone but rarely anyone came inside. So when he of all people came inside, neither Chelsea or I could contain our shock.

Daniel Hayes, Tate Nathaniel Duncan's right hand man, one of the meanest boys in school, came stalking towards us, making us both momentarily forget about our current problems as we openly gawked at the black haired beauty.

He pulled a chair around and swung it so it was directly in between Chelsea and I making us both give each other worried looks as we hurried to switch my computer off.

The heavy moans of Nicole and Jason echoed through the silent room for a split second before Chelsea pulled out the switch, a sudden pause making both Chelsea and I's faces redden.

A deep rumble of laughter came from Daniel and Chelsea scurried around to my side, slowly pulling my wheeled chair away from him as she cowered behind it.

His green eyes scanned the both of us before meeting mine. I hastily pulled Chelsea out from her crouched position and forced her into the chair next to mine as I swung it so it was directly next to me.

"So, you guys are nerds right?"

We both found that we had lost our voices. I was lost for words, how did one respond to this question? Yes? No?

Chelsea looked at me before back to him, nodding slowly.

"Computer geeks? Word on the street is you guys know what you're doing. Top classes, competitions worldwide. You even hacked into a terrorist camp surveillance camera for the president?"