"No matter what happens, I will always be there to protect you." He spoke quietly, much different than his tone of voice a few minutes ago.

"Enzo I just put all these people in danger once again. It has only been 20 years since the war ended and I can still see the destruction the humans left. There can't be another war, you and everyone else will be wiped out of existence."

"Well it's either they come for us, or we come for them." He told me sinisterly. I shook my head, denying there to be a reason for them to come for me.

"Enzo they're not coming for me, you're just assuming." I tried to deny it even though I had doubts swimming around in my head.

"There's no assuming, humans are vicious evil creatures that will stand at nothing to get their way. They're coming for you and I want them to know that we're ready." He had an evil edge to his voice that set a fear deep inside of me.

"This war isn't happening." His eyes, that wandered off, set back to my face.

"This war's not happening because I'm not going to let it happen," I told him.

"Clancy, this war has been long overdue since the last one. Us supernatural are still upset and want justice for the many casualties they caused. This war will happen, whether you like it or not." He told me. I sighed through my nose and looked away.

The volcano of sadness just erupted. I could feel my unshed tears pooling in my eyes

"Enzo please." I raised my hands to touch his cheeks.

"I don't care what has to happen to stop this, I don't want to see you hurt," I admitted weakly. I closed my eyes.

"I lost my grandmother to them, I can't lose you too."

I was never good with emotions, especially sadness.

I went through life with a white mask covering my true emotions. I never showed anything but happiness when around others, I didn't want them to see what having an incomplete family could do to your soul. Every day for the last 20 years I went through a living hell. I never tried to end it because I wanted to go through life strong.

Despite the doubts and the loneliness I felt, I had hope that my happiness was somewhere out there, and it was.

Neila was my happiness. She would turn the dark, gloomy town into one where it seemed like the sun was actually peeking through the clouds. She was my anti-depressant. She and my grandmother were family.

And I lost both of them.

But Enzo, Enzo help me. He was always there to follow behind and pick up the broken pieces of glass that was my heart to unintentionally put them back in its place and for that, I am more than grateful for this wonderful man.

"You're not going to lose me if you think positive." He whispered in my ear. He then raised his hand to wipe away the betrayal tears I hadn't noticed were trailing down my cheek.

"What if I think negative." I sniffed then let out a short laugh.

"Then you're filling your head with lies because I'll always be here whether you want me or not." He smiled softly. I wrapped my arms around his neck and hid my face in the crook of his shoulder.

The silence the ensued was comfortable and the tense atmosphere dispersed. As I tightened my arms around Enzo, an emotion that I had never felt so strong about poked its way through. It got stronger the longer I stood being held by him. The fear of losing this man who I had grown to adore was still evident but was now being covered by the emotion I couldn't describe.

"I came home early because I have a surprise for you but imagine the surprise I got when I found out you were no longer in the territory." I leaned back to observe his face. He had a light yet knowing glint in his eyes.

"I hate surprises." He grinned.

"You'll love this one, trust me." As I was about to unwind my tight grip from around his neck, he bent down then hoisted by legs around his torso. I shrieked from the sudden movement and regarded Enzo with widened eyes.

He only smirked and began walking. As much as I tried to deny it, I felt good to be held by him. So instead of fighting it, I rested my head on his shoulder and waited.

It was shorter than I would have wanted it to be. I guess with me being in his arms I wanted us to be in that position forever but once he stopped walking I knew I had to get down.

Once my feet touched the floor Enzo held my arms and prevented me from turning around.

"You're welcome." Was all he said before he spun me around.

I looked at my surprise in front of me and a new batch of tears came flowing out of my eyes with no indication of stopping.

"Neila!" I cried out, running towards my Yorkshire terroir who seemed more than happy to see me. She yelped and hopped around all while wagging her small tail. I picked her up and held her in my arms and hugged her close. She became quiet like she usually did when I hug her like this.

I opened my eyes to see Enzo watching me with a sweet smile and his face. I couldn't help it. I placed Neila on the floor and briskly walked towards Enzo who met me half way.

And I may have... kissed him.

///

Woah, finally. I was wondering when they'd find her dog and kiss.

Thanks for reading, if you enjoyed please leave a vote/comment on this chapter, it is highly appreciated.