T H I R T E E N

"Excuse me?" I froze. He looked at me with passive eyes and a bleak expression.

"Clancy," He sighed. He moved closer and sat next to me on my bed. The bed creaked under his weight.

"There's a lot of things you don't know about us, about the supernatural community." He told me. I stayed quiet waiting for him to continue.

"We are a peaceful kind until bothered. We never had any issues sharing the land with mortals, yet they did. They were the ones that started the war." He glanced up at the ceiling as if the memory was physically hurting him.

"They were jealous of what we are able to do, and jealousy is such a wicked trait. They wanted to have dominance over us. They wanted power, to control us. They were intimidated by us and felt the need to show us that they weren't any lesser than us so they took matters into their own hands."

"Back when I was around five years old, my sister and I were playing around in the back yard when a scream so loud pierced my eardrums. We were rushed into our house by our parents who pushed us into the coat closet and demanded us to stay put. I could never forget the fear and panic etched on my mother's face that night. Our father was put out to fight."

He clenched his jaw still gazing at the ceiling.

"While our father was out, my mother stayed with us until three heavily suited humans barged into our house with huge guns. They grabbed onto out mother and threw her aside, they didn't want her, they wanted both me and my sister. I didn't know what their plan was at the time but when I was thrown into the back of a vehicle filled with other small children of different species, I knew they wanted us for something."

His entire body was tense. His fists were clenched so tightly they were turning white. I placed my hand over his as an act of reassurance. His head snapped over to stare at me. His sparkling hazel eyes were staring into my own.

"What made matters worse was that I was the oldest out of all the werewolf children." He spat out clearly disgusted with the actions led by the humans.

"They threw me into a separate room and hooked up many tubes and wires to my body. It hurt. Every day that passed by I could feel my body changing but I wasn't sure if it was for better or for worse. Every day they would extract blood all the while injecting a substance into me. The substance made me feel like I was subconsciously being ripped in half. I would scream, fight, cry..." He trailed off. His eyes never straying away from mine.

"They killed my wolf." He said softly. My eyebrows furrowed in confusion. That was possible?

"Every werewolf has a wolf side and a beast side. At a certain age, they shift into a wolf which takes the wolf out of their dormant stage. The beast side is dormant inside the werewolf forever until the wolf side dies alongside the human. When they die, a ravenous beast takes over. While a beast you do not remember anything in your past life. You're just a shell of a wolf. They call them rogues, a werewolf that has died finally releasing their inner vicious beast. There's no turning back from that point."

"They killed my wolf which activated my beast side. I remember one night, a painful night, shifting into a beast. I didn't remember anything from then on but many had told me that I destroyed the place. I killed many humans and broke almost everything. Most of the supernatural made it back alive, but there was a huge number of casualties."

"Everyone said I was a hero. If it wasn't for me then we wouldn't have existed. With the human's high-tech gear, they would have wiped out the entire population in a matter of munites, But I saved them. I saved them all." He sighed.