N I N E

^^^^^^
Chapter dedicated to the awesome    Timmytee013   for the awesome cover and for being an awesome friend 😊❤

Make sure to check out her book Beast of Burdon. (Not sponsored) 

"The strongest people are not those who show strength in front of us but those who win battles we know nothing about." -anonymous 

A Victorian styled hallway stood in front of me. The walls were painted a dark, mahogany colour and the floor followed a simple style where the wooden tiles were placed slanted to give it an illusion that the hallway was pointing in a certain direction. A huge, but empty, picture frame hung from the wall and a cute sized table leaned against the wall with chrysanthemums placed in a beautiful tribal print vase.

The hallway was beautiful. I was shocked.

"T-There's actually a hallway." I stuttered in my shocked state. Enzo stayed quiet but I could tell that he was silently judging me.

"why wouldn't there be one?" He questioned. I could hear the confusion as well as the judgement in his tone.

I shrugged. My stomach then decided to make itself known once again. The sounds that came from inside my body scared me.

"C'mon" Enzo grasped onto my forearms and tugged me down the hall and the swirling stairs that connected the lower lever to the top. I could hear the gleeful chatter of many people mingling downstairs. At the top of a few steps, I noticed everyone chatting amongst one another and generally having a good time.

That is until I came.

Every single head turned. Not half, Not a quarter, but every single head. I had so many eyes on me that It rose my anxiety levels higher.

It was deadly silent. No one dared to make any sound whatsoever.

Enzo ignored the change in the atmosphere and dragged me through the thick crowd of people and into the kitchen. I kept my head down and avoided anyone's gaze.

"Why is there a human here?"

That question circled around the room deliriously fast. As much as I didn't want to seem frightened in front of so many people, I couldn't lie to myself. I was frightened. I hated when people would stare at me, whether judgemental or neutral, I hated it.

Reaching the kitchen, Enzo took a plate piled with lasagna, mashed potatoes, chicken, and steamed vegetables. The portion size was huge; how could someone remotely finish that.

"Let's go outside, fresher air.' Enzo insisted. Immediately my eyes trailed back to the entrance of the kitchen where all the people were.

"Ignore them, they're just too curious." Enzo's warm breath fanned against my cheek. I nodded and grabbed onto his arm. Enzo paused to look at me then I saw his Adam's apple bob up.

We made it out of the room faster than we got in there. Enzo led me to a nearby bench that faced a tree.

The sun was proudly standing tall in the sky blazing down on us. The weather was cool with a slight breeze that brushed against my arms. Enzo handed me the plate.

I raised my eyebrow at him

"All for me?" He nodded. My eyes widened.

"I can't possible finish that." Now that were outside, the place looks bigger.