Alexander Hamilton x Reader

A/N; Put in the comments if you want a part 2

Promot; "Come back to bed.. your work can only be so much of you life"

Ship or x reader; x reader

AU; 1770s AU

Word count (not including AN, etc);520
_______________________________________
(~Y/N POV~)

 You had woken up to the side of the bed where your husband would usually be empty. You sighed, knowing exactly where he would be, working. You crawled to the edge of the bed, moving yourself into a sitting position. You stood up then leaned down to grab a candle that was on the wooden floor by your bedside. You walked across the cold floors, your feet not making a sound as they moved gracefully across it. (I’m a klutz too, but for my fellow klutz, pretend that you're not for this story).

 You cracked open the door to Alexander’s office, seeing him at his desk working. You walked into the office, not even caring the door squeaked. Alexander didn't even notice your presents, even with the door squeaking and the somewhat loud closing of the door. “Alexander..” you said looking at him, arms crossed. The sound of your voice took him out of his work. Alexander looked over at you “Yes my dear?” He asks. “Come back to bed.. please? Your work can only take up so much of your time..” I say. “But, I need to get my plan to Congress..” Alexander protests. You signed “I know how much your legacy means to you, but family should mean more” you say. “You know you mean more to me than my stupid legacy, but right now it's for the future of our country..” he says.

You sighed, walking over to his handsome figure. “Bed, now” you say, looking into his eyes. “But-" he tries to protest. “No buts, now let's go to bed” I say. “It isn't the same without you in bed” I say. Alexander sighed and stood, he couldn't say no to you even how hard he tried. You both walked back to your room, Alexander trailing a little behind. You walked into the room and set the candle back down where it was. You looked towards Alexander “Is something troubling you?” You asked. Alexander shook his head no, even if you saw something was wrong. You decided to shake it off, but in the morning you definitely ask.

 You two got into bed and a few minutes later your 9 year old son, Philip, jumped into bed with you. “Philip!” Alexander groans, but still smiles. “Mom! Dad! I had a nightmare!” Philip says, moving into the middle of the bed. “Do to want to talk about it?” I ask. Philip nods, snuggling into me. “You and Dad got a divorce..” he says sadly. “That’s never going to happen son” Alexander replies, frowning slightly. Philip nods “I know, but it seemed so real..” he says. I smile softly “I know nightmares can seem real, but it won't happen, I promise” I say, smiling softly. Philip nods “I know” he says. He got under the blankets with us and soon everyone was asleep. The last thing you thought before you fell asleep was, hopefully you can talk to Alexander tomorrow before he gets to involved with his work..