Chapter 14

A/N: This was the longest chapter I have ever written. Enjoy! 💕

"I will take off these handcuffs now. Do you remember what you must do?" Gabriel asked me as I awoke the next day.

"Get you Chat Noir's miraculous, and watch to make sure my terribly evil father-in-law doesn't take over the world to bring back George Washington," I mumbled groggily after yawning.

"Marinette, when did I ever mention George Washington?! Where did you get George Washington from?! I was talking about my wife!" He told me, obviously becoming very frustrated with my sarcasm.

"Is your wife Martha Washington?" I muttered, rubbing the sleep from my eyes.

Gabriel let his face fall to his desk with a slam, "I give up. Just get me the dumb miraculous and we can get this over with."

"Sounds like a plan," I said, giving him a sleepy thumbs-up.

"Wait, my family and friends are going to wonder where I've been. What do I say?" I asked him, my attention snapping me awake.

"Oh no, I forgot about that! Just tell them you've been studying fashion with me, and you forgot to call them to tell them that we had an all-nighter on a project," Gabriel quickly came up with the excuse, beginning to write a note for me to give to my parents.

I nodded and pushed my wrists out to show him I was ready for the unlocking of the handcuffs. He gave Nooroo the key, then the kwami flew over to unlock all the cuffs. First he did my hands, then the cuffs on my ankles. I was freed from my lockdown and given my earrings back.

"You should probably clean up a little first," Gabriel pointed out, as I looked down to see my pajamas.

"So I don't look like I've been kidnapped by Hawkmoth and held hostage for my partner's miraculous," I added, sending a glare towards him.

"All I want is to bring back my wife. Just work with me here," he said.

I muttered some curse words as I followed him down to his mansion where he brought me to a fitting room.

"There's a bathroom in here if you want to clean up. I think this will fit you for now. It may be slightly simple, but it should work for our excuse," Gabriel said, pulling out a simple red dress with a black ribbon tied into a small bow. The skirt flared out slightly. He placed black flats beside the dress.

"Okay," I replied, taking the dress by the hanger. He nodded and shut the door for me. I heard his footsteps descend the hallway.

"I'm the one with the power here," I smirked, rolling my eyes to cover up my fearfulness.

"Good job, Marinette! You got him to agree to your terms!" Tikki cheered for me.

"And I'm going to make him put in a good word with the fashion designers to make up for this crap," I told her as I headed for the bathroom. She nodded and followed me.

I first stepped into the shower to freshen up, peeling off my dirty pajamas. After doing so, I brushed my hair out and slipped into the red dress. Tikki helped me tie the black bow in the back as I stepped into the black flats.

"You look like a pretty doll, Marinette!" Tikki gushed.

"Thanks Tikki!" I smiled a little as I twirled in the mirror to see how the skirt flared out.