“You know, Fate is right. I would have been that angry too if I was going to lose the best girl I’ve had.”

“Chance…”

“We’re young Hope,” he whispered, “you’ll find someone better, you’ll find your mate and he’ll be everything you asked for.”

“Thank you…” I said, calming down more.

Then Chance shift me back to the sofa as mom came running to the room, rushing to my side.

“Baby…” she says as she wrapped her arms around me, I smiled and rested my head on her shoulder, “you ok?”

I felt the sofa dip and caught Chance standing up making his way out of the living room.

“Baby?” mom calls again.

“Yeah… yeah, I’m ok.” I whispered to her and snuggled closer. My mom was the mediator of calmness, I swear, she can even calm dad when he was angry, and all she has to do was hold his hand.

“I know, I should have been here,” she whispered, “but I know you wanted to deal with him on your own too.”

“Thanks mom…” I said. “I needed to do that on my own.”

“And I’m very proud of you.” she gave me a kiss on the forehead. “I know that it hurts, but everything will be fine. I promise.”

“I know…” I sighed wrapping my arms around her waist, “I just thought that he’d be like Ken or daddy… even Chance.”

“What do you mean?”

“I thought he’d at least try to listen.” I dropped my voice into a whisper, “You taught us to listen before acting up, but he didn’t even give me a chance to speak up.”

“Well, maybe he just doesn’t want to hear any good reasons of us leaving.” She says as she held unto me tighter, “Some people leave the ones they love with anger, just so the pain won’t be as much.”

I frowned and looked up at her, “Wouldn’t that make things worse?”

“Well, yeah, for a while.” Mom says, thinking about it. “But sooner or later they would understand, then they would be the one asking for answers.”

“Is that true mom?”

“Well, sometimes,” she gave me a smile, one that never reached her eyes, “I know you really like Dean, sweetheart, it isn’t as strong as what Ken and Fate has, but I know you like him. Maybe you just need time apart for him to realize things… and same goes for you.”

I thought about what she said and nodded. She was probably right, as always.

Then I looked up to her, curious. “Was that how you left daddy?”

“Huh?”

“When you went with the hunters…” I pointed but not wanting to pry into her painful past.

She smiled and kissed me on the forehead, “No, I more of left your dad and your uncle with no choice.” A flash of sadness came to her eyes, but just for a moment. “I knew what I needed to do, and I knew that they’ll be looking for me.”

“But what if they weren’t able to find you in time?”

“There is no such thing as right time, love.” She says, “It’s just always thankful that you are alive.”

I nodded and rested my head on her shoulder again.

“Maybe Dean isn’t the one.”

“What makes you say that?” she asks as she ran her fingers through my hair.