winter (five)

As the bell rang to signal the end of HUGE, I smiled when I saw Violet standing there waiting for me, wearing a red sweatshirt with 'happiness' printed across the front in capital letters, a pair of black leggings, and short heeled lace up black boots. I smiled as I walked up to her, throwing my arm loosely around her shoulder as we walked to lunch.

Shortly after the whole night with Vi, we had gone on a couple dates and after asking her out about three or four times, she actually agreed to be my girlfriend, finally believing in my sincerity in wanting to change, to reform, for her.

It's been amazing. Carter is but a memory, and I now realize how fucked up that really was. Two kids who don't know any better agreeing to ruin each other. And although Violet and I are not perfect or even anything close to that, we make each other better. That's what matters with us.

After seeing me uncharacteristically happy for a while, my father insisted that I tell him what was going on. So I admitted it; I had a girlfriend that I was on track to loving. We've only been together for three months, and as much as I care for her, I don't believe love can manifest itself that fast. It takes time and it takes a real bond. I believe in us and us loving each other someday, I just don't believe that day is today or next week.

So, know that my dick of a brother, who teased me with Carter was coming home for winter break, he insisted that I invite her over for dinner at our house. She'd been over before, so thankfully, the whole mansion thing wouldn't be apart of the shock, but I've only ever brought her to my wing of the house. The rest of the place is a whole nother story, and my family, the way it is now, is not normal in the slightest.

That's why I hope to all hell she doesn't break up with me after this.

"Babe," I started, looking over at her with a sort of smize I couldn't help. "Can I ask you something a little weird?"

"Shoot," was her casual reply, smiling at me enough to show that she truly was in hold of the emotion on her shirt.

"So, my dad- he wants to meet you, and so does my brother. They invited you to come to dinner tonight, dress code pretty formal, but not like too formal. If you want to. And if you do, ya know, want to come, be warned that my family is really, really fucked up. So please don't leave me for it," I rambled on for a while before finishing the preposition.

"Of course i'm coming, babe," was her immediate reply, leaning over to give me a chaste kiss on the lips before wrapping her hand in mine. "And I like you for you- however insane your family isn't going to change that."

winter chapter 1 is hopefully coming soon- has about 300 words written. this piece is a bit more personal because it speaks to the fact of redemption- fb, fg was more just meant to be popular. but one of my most strong beliefs in life is that people change people, and reform is meant to personify that. so every two months is awhile, but it means i get to write how i think will be the best. all love <3