Second Lesson: Wardrobe

MYSTIQUE

It was a Saturday morning, and unfortunately I was awoken by the sound of loud voices downstairs.

"-Oh, so is she at least settling in?" My mother asked. Who on Earth was she talking to?
My dad was working today so I knew it was definitely not him.

" Well, thanks to my sister and I, she is indeed settling in Mrs Lillian." A very, very familiar voice said.

It took a full 0.0009 seconds for me to realise who the voice belonged to, and a further ten minutes wondering if I was dreaming whether or not River was actually in my house.

"Why thank you River!" She said in that whole impressed voice of hers, and it was then that I realised that I had woken up to a living nightmare. River was, in fact, in my house, and to make it worse... he was conversing with my mother. Realising that this was not at all how I wanted my Saturday to begin, I flung the covers of my bed off of my body and ran downstairs, not even remembering that my pajamas were extremely short shorts and a shirt which exposed my stomach slightly.

" What the-"

But my mom cut me off as soon as I reached the kitchen.

"Morning sweety,  River is here to pick you up..." She smiled at River who wore a grey shirt, blue jeans and some black sneakers.

" Oh is he now," I said smirking and raising an eyebrow at River who couldn't help but stare at my bare skin.

My mom nodded and laughed. " So I'll leave you two kids to go over your plans for today."

My mom, being my mom wiggled her eyebrows and winked as she passed me. As soon as she was gone, I walked up to River and punched him on the arm.

" Ouch!" He said, "it's at times like these that I wonder why you take confident classes with me!"

I rolled my eyes, "So I can stand up to bullies like your girlfriend."

He chuckled, "I know that's supposed to be offensive since she's my girlfriend, but that was really funny!"

I gave him a smack and then grabbed some apple juice from the fridge.

" So what do you want from me now?" I asked pouring a glass for me and one for him. He took the glass and took a sip from the juice. He then put it down on the counter, leaving a wet mark on the surface of it, and then he turned towards me.

"Well, I wanted to ask if you could hang out with me and my friends today for another confidence lesson?" He asked gulping down the rest of his apple juice.

Did I really just hear that right? He was asking me to hang out with his dreadful friends? Not that all of them were dreadful, but I assumed some of them would be.

"No!" I said taking the glass from him.

" Come on, Jenny won't be there. It's just me and the guys. And..." he started wiggling his eyebrows, "Jay will be there too!"

I started blushing wildly and didn't even think before saying, "Really!"

He nodded and laughed. "I told him you would be there so he agreed. Come on, you have to meet my friends. Especially Christian!" He said suggestively. He knew I didn't know Chris yet I was supporting his relationship with Lacy.