Damen

MYSTIQUE

It was Thursday afternoon and we were sitting in the auditorium, trying to learn the musical songs since the whole choir was featuring in the musical, apart from those who were chosen to actually feature as main characters who obviously needed to participate.

"Okay from the top, Mandy you start..." said Mrs Harmony.

And so Mandy began to sing and her melodic voice began filling the room as we all started singing with her as well, our voices joining in as one, creating one gorgeous masterpiece of a song.

After a few more attempts at the song, Mrs Harmony stood up with a smile, and clapped her hands. "Beautiful! Absolutely perfect! And so soon! Wonderful! Okay because of your amazing work today I'll let you go early!"

And by early she meant one whole fricken hour earlier! Jay was only going to take me home after his public speaking practise. Honestly, I had no idea what to do with myself until then since I had also already completed. I sighed, and began walking aimlessly until I heard someone with a sweet voice call after me.

"Hey Misty!" I turned around to see Mandy, who, during the weekend, had dyed her hair a deep cherry red. The red actually suited her much more than the blue and made her eyes pop out even more.

"Um... hey Mandy..."

"Are you going home now?" She asked kindly grabbing my arm in a friendly way. Her icy blue eyes shone in an excitement I had never witnessed in anyone. In fact, her expression sort of resembled that of a child's.

"No, Jay has public speaking."

"GREAT! You can watch football practice with me! Everyone else is either on the cheerleading squad or at home so I usually sit there like a loser, alone. But now I have you!" She squealed.

Football... yawn. She had, however, asked nicely, and I had nothing to do, so eventually, I decided to ignore the fact that I would probably be bored senseless and join her.

"Okay, fine, let's go." I said with a small smile.

She dragged me to the football field to the red benches where we sat comfortably- well, as comfortably as we could. We were quite close to the boys practicing football and the guys and gals practising cheerleading, so much so that I could see everyone clearly. I could even see River running like crazy and Christian as well, which was surprisingly not surprising. They seemed to be practising quite hard. Especially River who was drenched in sweat. His face was pulled into a very stern expression. It was the second time I had seen him pull an expression not resembling some sort of sexual or flirtatious emotion. It was quite refreshing.

During the rest of my analysis of the football team, I noticed someone I had not yet met or seen around school. He was quite handsome and looked to be of Asian descent, with shiny, soft looking brown hair, dark brown eyes and an absolutely adorable smile which possibly shone brighter than the harsh rays of sunlight attacking us. He had lean muscles, was quite tall and, I had discovered his name to be-

"Damen, kick us the ball!" Skyscraper said.

Damen, passed the ball to River who passed it to Christian and so on and so forth. But I couldn't concentrate on the game, I could only concentrate on Damen. He did not look like the type of guy to sleep around with Jenny behind his back at all. He looked so gentle and pure.

The boys kept on playing, oblivious of Mandy and I, until Skyscraper turned around, and his eyes caught mine in an intense stare. It was unnerving to be honest.