The playboy is a Skyscraper

Beep.

Beep.

Beep.

As soon as I heard the sound of my alarm clock, I bolted up, and yelled out, "No Mr Jellybeans, I did not eat your last cookie."

After further few minutes of confusion, I realised that it was Monday, seven a.m. in the morning, and that Mr Jellybeans, although furious and spectacularly multi-coloured, existed only in the dream I had been so rudely awoken from.

I shook my head with a sigh, wiped my eyes, scratched my head and then tried to get up from my bed. Please note the word try. The moment my feet touched the ground, so did the rest of my body, with a loud thud. I let out a loud "ouch" and then finally made my way, safely to the bathroom and began brushing my tooth with a sigh. Today was my first day of school since we moved to this town and already, I was having a bad day. I honestly wondered what was in store for me.

Once I had finished my morning routine, and gotten dressed into a plain white t-shirt and a pair of faded blue jeans, I went down stares to see my busy mother in the kitchen. "Ready for your first day, Mystique?" She asked as I grabbed a muffin from the table.

"I guess mom." I said. I was still not very happy with her, after all, it was her fault that I had to transfer to Heavensdale Academy and move here to Heavensdale. It was all because of her stupid promotion. My mother was a lawyer, you see, and a very good one, at that.

"Has dad already gone to work?" He was a doctor, and luckily for him, transferring hospitals was easy enough since there was a shortage of doctors here in Heavensdale.

I walked toward her car and looked at my appearance in the window, sighing at my plain appearance. I had short, curly brown hair- probably the only thing eye catching about me- which was tied in a short, neat ponytail, hazel eyes rimmed with thick lashes, a round face, framed with high cheekbones, and a nose which I always thought was way too flat for my liking. I was not ugly, in my opinion- partially because I believed no one in this world was ugly- however, I just thought I looked too plain to be considered 'pretty'.

Once I had completed my very unnecessary analysis of myself, I opened the door to the car and slid inside, turning the radio on. As my mom started driving to my new school I started singing along with the song. My beautiful voice began filling the car as I sang. My mother soon began singing as well, until we were both literally screaming the words out. However, this all came to an abrupt stop when we reached the building. It stood firm with its rock walls and clean windows which shone so brightly, reflecting the years of education flowing through each classroom. Teenagers littered the lawn outside the building as they spoke together, laughed together, and some, even sharing romantic moments together. The sight of such closely-knit groups of friends had my stomach doing tumble turns as I wondered if I would fit in anywhere.

Slowly, after a few more seconds, I opened the door and stepped out of the car, taking a deep breath of air to calm me down.

"Bye mom," I said. She smiled and blew a kiss before reversing and driving off.

I turned around and started walking toward the entrance of the school, receiving questioning looks all the while, which did not, in the slightest, help my raging nerves. I then went to the office, which I found using my extraordinary navigation skills- not really. In fact, I got lost multiple times but was too afraid to ask for help. I did, however, eventually find the office after a full twenty one minutes of stumbling around the school. I walked to a very beautiful lady sitting on a chair. She had dark hair and brown eyes and beamed when she saw me.

"What can I do for you dear?" She asked sweetly. Her kind nature immediately put me at ease, and I was at least partially capable of acting like a human being without social anxiety in front of her.