Scavenge

Eli held her breath as she peered outside the closed doors of the school. There seemed to be more of those 'things' gathering inside the school gates. She closed her eyes as she turned back towards the others and took a breath.

"There seems to be even more of them since the last time," Eli said as she opened her eyes. The others looked at each other frowning.

"What are we supposed to do now?" Umi asked beginning to lose hope.

"Haven't you ever seen those movies and shows?" Maki asked as the others looked at her. "You know, like those zombie ones? If we run we should be able to get away from them,"

"But that's scientifically impossible for a zombie apocalypse to happen," Eli said. "Besides we don't know how fast these guys are,"

"Look around you, this is reality now, sure scientifically it's impossible, but it's happened and so we need to face reality if we're going to get anywhere,"

"It's going to be a risky chance, but I'm with Maki on this one," Rin said.

"I am too, Eli may be right about their speed, but we won't get anywhere if we don't try," Umi said agreeing with Rin.

"Alright, but make sure you don't fall behind or get too ahead. I don't want to risk the chance of losing any of you," Eli sighed as she looked at all of them. They nodded their heads in agreement and Maki began to slowly open the door as each of them slowly walked out.

"On the count of three..."

"Three..."

"Two..."

"One...!"

~Inside the Classroom~

"Will this work?" Kotori asked as she took out a mop from the cleaning storage in the back of the classroom. She tried swinging it around, before putting it down and tried breaking off the mop to leave just a stick.

"Yeah, that's good...I think..." Nico said as she began looking under the teacher's stand again. She looked back up with a sigh. "There's nothing here we can really use,"

"That's not entirely true..." Honoka said. Nico raised her eyebrow.

"Do you have some sort of plan or something?"

"Kind of..." Honoka said as she began walking over towards one of the desks. She grabbed one of the chairs and lifted it above her head.

"Oi, oi what are you-" Nico began but was interrupted as a loud crash was heard as Honoka smashed the chair to the ground breaking the wood in half as the legs still stuck out. She smashed it again breaking more wood off. She whacked it once more as the last piece of wood fell off the metal rod. Honoka panted a little before holding up the leg of the chair.

"I've always wanted to do that," Honoka said grinning a little.

"You're insane...but that was a really good idea," Nico said looking at Honoka's chair leg.

"Do you think there'd be more things to use in the Woodshop or Science room?" Hanayo asked as the others thought about it.

"There probably is! We should go check!" Kotori beamed.

"Don't forget the whole reason why we're doing this in the first place," Nozomi said looking at the door. The others then became silent. "Besides we promised not to leave this room..."

"Well if they don't know about it..." Honoka began.

"We don't even really know what we're going up against here!" Nico said looking at Honoka.