The News and Questions

*Jack's POV*
       I am shocked. No, shocked is not an enough description to what I feel right now. A human is a guardian???? How is that possible? Isn't it supposed to be an immortal and have powers? I stood there next to Jamie while he starts jumping up and down when Cathie opened the biggest box filled with something that probably the gang gave. Everyone was having the time of their life while I stood there shocked, jaw hanging from what just happened. It just can't be.
      Jamie turned to me. "Hey Jack, did you see Cathie's face when she opened our gift?? She looked so happy -" he must have realized my expression. He pushed my chin up. "Jack, what's wrong? " I looked down at his worried expression.
       "No, nothing. I just remembered that I have something to do back at the North Pole." I lied.
       "But you just got here." He said sadly. I ruffled his hair.
       "No worries, I can always come back. I have to go now, okay? " I said while stepping back out to the gate.
       "Okay, bye, Jack." He smiled and waved at me, and I waved back before taking off up in the sky.
       "Wind! Take me to the North Pole! " I shouted and the wind blew hard at me, taking the usual 20 minute flight from my home to the North Pole to just 10. I landed inside the room that I stayed in when designing Cathie's gift. I sat on my chair there. The door opened and North entered.
       "Oh, Jack. Back so soon? " he asked while I jumped up to him and blurted out my words.       "IFOUNDTHENEWGUARDIANANDSHE'SAHUMAN!"
      "Jack, I can't understand what you said. Calm down, Jack. And speak slowly." North patted my shoulders as I try to catch my breath. "Better? Now tell me what you were trying to say."
      "I found the new guardian and she's a human." I finally said. He crunched up his eyebrows and grabbed his chin.
     "Well, that can't be right. There was never a human who is a guardian. Well, we were human but that was until we died and turned into immortal spirits. So how is that possible? " He was thinking out loud, trying to find a loophole, a reason on how Cathie was a guardian. He looked at me. "Are you sure, Jack? Was it her that you really see? "
      "I'm sure, the same dress, sandals, earrings, flower crown and all." I said while nodding my head. North turned to look at me.
      "Did you say flower crown? The flower crown that I just made? That I just wrapped up a few moments ago? " He said as he walk out of the room, heading to Manny knows where. "Impossible. It's barely an hour since I finished it." We ended up in the delivery room, Bunny was in there carrying a box that he gently put in the corner.
      "Yes, mate? You lot looking for something? " "Lot? " I looked behind me and saw Sandy who waved at me. North ignored Bunny and started opening cabinets which contains the extra fragile gifts.
      "Bunny, where did you put it? "
      "North, which one? Put what where? I'm lost here, mate. " Bunny said crossing his arms. North looked at him while gesturing a square shape.
      "The box from an hour ago, Bunny. Red with shiny gold and green ribbon . Extra fragile and really, really important. " Bunny tapped his paw on the floor thinking until he jumped up and snapped his fingers.
       "You're too late, mate. A yeti came in with a card and took it. He said you told him to take it somewhere. Didn't trust that fellow, his eyes was kinda glowing, mate but he insisted." "WHAAATTT!!! Sostakovich... I... I didn't call for it..." North look dumbfounded. Tooth came and looked at us.
     "Bunny, what's going on? " "North is fussing over a single gift here. Don't know why though."
     I piped up as Sandy comfort North. "I'll tell you why. That box have the gift that I designed myself."
      "The flower crown?" Tooth said as she turn to me.
      "Yeah and now it's missing from here and I know for sure that it's the one with Cathie now." Shoot. I said her name. They all looked at me when I said her name. Bunny moved closer to me.
       "Hey, who's Cathie, mate?"
       "Cathie or Cathalea is the new Guardian." I said after a while. Tooth touched my shoulder.
      "Jack, how did you know?" I looked at them, waiting for my reply. I started telling them what happened, what I saw and what I learned in that short time about her. They listened carefully and when I finished, Sandy floated up and started to go out of the room and came back with the calendar from the last year. He gave it to North who looked at it. We all watched him as his eyes shot wide open.
      "Sandy, you are a genius! " North said while hugging Sandy. He then turned to us, all excited and giddy.
      "Uhmmm, care to explain yourself, mate? Before you explode from excitement there?" Bunny said,  impatiently tapping his foot. North took me by my shoulders and looked at me in the eyes.
      "This is destiny, Jack! This was meant to happen! Manny did it! Now I understand! We have to get her here. Better yet, we have to meet her." He said excitedly. Tooth took the calendar from Sandy and showed it to me.
      On the calendar itself, on this very same day last year, just last year, was the day Manny showed us Cathie, the new guardian. The question now is, how in heaven's name are we going to get to meet her? Another lightbulb dinged in my head. The easy and obvious answer.
     JAIME.