Just Another Day.

*Jamie's POV*
      I ran happily out of the house. Another winter has come and Christmas is just 3 days away. Of course, I'm excited to see Jack again. It's been 2 years since I started seeing him and now I turned 13. I wonder if I'm gonna see him again this year.
      I greeted the gang who all decided to meet up in front of Cupcake's house. We were going to get Cathie's gift that we all made. Actually her full name is Cathalea but it's way too mouthful so we gave her a cute nickname. It's actually her birthday today and we decided to give her a surprise. It's a box filled with all of the stuff that we knew she would love, like teddy bears, drawings that we made (she displays it on her study room whenever we give her one), books about the mystery of the world( she was the one to introduce me to those things, making me believe in them), and some snacks and candies that I doubt will last a week, more or less.
      We slowly pushed the box onto a cart that we borrowed and wheeled it into the small party in Cathie's backyard. We smiled at the banner we made. It says, "Happy 16th Birthday, Cathalea! " and it has way too many glitter on it, all due to Sophie joining us at the middle of making it. Mom made some delicious potato-broccoli mash and fried chicken and gravy for the party. Did I mention that Cathie was our official nanny? She's amazing, really. And we wanna thank her for the attention and show her how much we appreciate her action.
     Mom started hushing us, by us, I meant the gang, Cathie's cousins, Claire and Sean, Sophie and me. We heard footsteps and saw Cathie come out to the backyard looking at the decorations, she smiled and then we jumped up out of our hiding place and shouted, "SURPRISE!!! HAPPY BIRTHDAY CATHIE!!! "
     She smiled widely at us and everyone ran to her for a group hug. She hugged back, her long wavy hair getting a bit tangled up in the process. Mom laughed and said that everyone should settle down and she'll help fix Cathie up for the party. They disappeared back into the house while Cathie's Dad started bringing out some of the other good stuff like the HUGE bowl of nachos with the likes, the lasagna and the fruit punch. Everyone is such in a good mood that I can't help but smile too. I was just wondering when Jack could come and celebrate with us too.  Turns out, my wish was about to come true.