no. 10 ◇ Night No. 1 pt 2

Charlie's POV

Waves of guilt wash over me as I make my way upstairs and into the bathroom. Not regret, but guilt, like I just got away with cheating on a quiz or something.

Luke is officially my stepbrother now. I shouldn't want more but I do. I shouldn't feel this way about my stepbrother, but I do.

What am I doing? What just happened? We were doing fine acting like brother and sister before the wedding but when I saw him in the tux and we drank and danced at the wedding, and the things he said on the car ride home just made me lose my mind.

I've never before felt the way he made me feel tonight and all I want is for him to not be my stepbrother. It's just morally wrong, no matter how good it feels. I should go back downstairs and set things straight. Nothing like that should happen ever again.

I turn around and leave the bathroom heading back down the stairs to talk to Luke.

I see him in the kitchen pouring himself a glass of water.

"Well that was a quick shower." He says looking up at me. "Or did you come back down for more?" He smirks.

"Actually Luke," I say walking towards him and he frowns at my tone of voice "I came to talk to you about all of this. About what just happened."

"Yes, I do recall that I fingered and ate you out, making you cum twice." He says smuggly trying to lighten the mood and making me blush.

"I know and that should never happen again." I say and he frowns.

"Why not?"

"Because we're stepsiblings now, it's just not right." I say sternly, looking into his eyes.

He takes a deep long sigh "I know." He finally replies looking down at his shoes. "It's just, ugh, if you were some girl at my school and our parents hadn't got married, oh it would be so perfect."

"Yeah, it would." I say longingly "But that's not how things are, so what are we going to do?"

"Well, we could go ahead and do it anyway, throw all morals out the window, or pretend tonight never happened and go back to just acting like brother and sister." He says making the options blatantly clear.

We stand in silence for what seems like ages just looking at each other, trying to think of any way to make the decision easier.

"Let's flip a coin." He says suddenly. "Heads, we do it anyway, tails, we pretend it never happened."

Absolutely brilliant I nod, knowing that when flipping a coin, the second it goes up in the air you'll know exactly what you want.

"Let's" I say getting a coin out of a drawer full of spare change, pencils, paperclips, and other random items and hand it to Luke.

He takes it in his hand and looks at it while rolling it around a couple of times. "Are you ready?" He looks up at me. "Yeah, flip away." I reply and repeat the decision the coin will make for us "Heads we do it anyway, tails we pretend it never happened."

He nods and counts down "Three...two...one!" He flicks the coin up in the air with his thumb and as if in slow motion it flips through the air countless times.

I know exactly which outcome I want before I hear the sound of copper hitting the marble counter top. The penny continues spinning and spinning on the counter, and with a sudden clink it falls back onto the counter. It's been flipped.

The future of the next two weeks is up to the symbol facing up on the penny. Neither of us seem to want to look at it, but finally Luke walks closer to the coin and I follow his lead.