I Thought We All Retired?

Start from the beginning

That's when everything seemed to go in slow motion. I stood there, debating weather or not to stay and fight or go and see if my husband was okay. I knew I couldn't do both and as I was coming to the solution of grabbing Ava and running to Tyler, Ava got up and ran.

"Daddy!" She cried.

I looked at the guy and he was up and had the look of haterd and murder in his eyes. I couldn't make out specific details of his face, but his white make outlined just his eyes. He charged at me and I did the same at him. Before I knew what happened, my shins hurt and I flipped over to my back. I groaned in pain as I watched him run to the hallway, towards Ava.

I quickly got back up and ran to them just in time to see him pick up Ava and run down the stairs. I slid down the railing and caught up to him but he turned and ran to the door instead of going to the window. I stopped myself with the wall and ran at him.

"Mommy!" Ava whaled as they headed out the door.

I couldn't even think straight as I tried to catch up with him. He jumped into a tall van, kicked me to the ground before he closed the door. The last thing I heard was Ava screaming, tires screeching, and my heart breaking.

I sat back up and saw the van driving away. It looked like there were more people in the back. I ran as fast as I could but I clearly wasn't going to catch up with it. I saw the license plate but didn't have time to read the number, but I caught the state: New York.

"Y/n!" I heard Tyler yell. I turned around and he came running to me.

I burst into tears and screamed, "They took Ava! I couldn't stop them! Those bastards took our baby!"

Tyler grabbed me and held me close as I screamed for our child. He had tears silently roll down his face as he tried to calm me down. Our car was at the shop so we couldn't drive after them and we had no idea what they looked like nor did I get a licenses plate number so the cops weren't going to do shit.

I lost her. I lost my baby and no one could do anything about it. My chest physically hurt from my broken heart and my head was racing, causing me to develop a headache. I honestly couldn't feel anything besides guilt and pain.

I pulled away and examined Tyler. He didn't have a wound or anything so he probably faked his injury so the guy thought he won or something. He examined me too and pointed out my bloody nose that I didn't feel at all due to the adrenaline.

He lead me inside and was going to call the cops but his phone was broke in half. He groaned and lead me to the bathroom as he helped me stop my nose from bleeding. He was crying but wasn't trying to make it very noticeable.

I made the suggestion of going to the neighbors but Tyler reminded me that they were on vacation and the rest moved. It was literally just Tyler and I in the neighborhood.

"Y-Y/n," Tyler began as more tears left his eyes, "what are we going to do?"

I cried, "I don't know, Tyler. If I had any idea on what we should do, I would've said it but I literally have nothi-"

We heard heavy foot steps and I stopped. Tyler and I made eye contact as he motioned for me to stay where I was. I did so as he peeked out of the bathroom.