I Thought We All Retired?

(Dates and ages may not all fit but that's because not everyone has the same birthday and if the little girl's name is the same as yours, then I'm sorry.)

We stared at the bus, waiting for it to park to see what was going on. Once it did as expected, Marcel put his gun up and we all prepared to run.

My mind was full of what happened just a few nights before and I couldn't let it go.

Tyler and I were sitting in our front room watching a movie while our two-year-old was sleeping upstairs.

Ava Nicole Wilde was born January 1, 2018. Yep, a New Years baby. Tyler and I had no clue what to name her, so when the nurse asked, Tyler and I looked around the room and he kept saying random things and the ones that I could actually get a name out of were "a vent", "nickel" and she was obviously going to have his last name. But after hearing the list of ideas, I told her, "Ava Nicole Wilde."

Ava looked so much like Tyler, he couldn't deny the kid if he tried. She had light brown hair where it almost looks blonde, but so did Tyler's when he was younger so she most likely will grow out of it. Her eyes were blue too, but they were a bit darker that Tyler's. He said she might also grow out of that too because he did. She had his nose, shape face, and lips too. She even had his skin tone.

She was no doubt a daddy's girl but she usually plays with me over Tyler because Tyler doesn't really know how to play dress up correctly.

Tyler and I got married about a month after. It was a small wedding, but it was honestly perfect. The crowd was basically Tyler's family and our friends because fuck my family. They're all assholes.

We didn't have a honeymoon due to the new baby, but it was still memorable and it was like that for two years until that night.

We fell asleep during the movie but woke up when we heard Ava cry. She barely ever cries so it surprises us when we hear it. I blinked my eyes open to see a figure in front of me. My vision was still a little blurry so my first though was Tyler, but Tyler just took his arm off my shoulder.

"Who the hell are you?" Tyler yelled, standing up.

The guy didn't say anything, but instead, started backing up. My vision was still hazy due to the sleep, but this guy was nowhere near his height and clearly didn't have as much muscle.

"I-I uh..." He ran out the front door that was wide open. He had an accent, but I honestly couldn't identify what type it was.

"We didn't lock the doors!" I yelled.

Tyler ran after him and I heard Ava scream once more. I bolted up the stairs and saw the door to her room was the same as the front. I ran to it and peered inside to see some guy holding Ava as he was halfway out the window.

"You son of a bitch!" I yelled and grabbed his shirt, pulling him back in.

He nearly dropped Ava out the window, but didn't truly let go of her till they were back inside. I rolled Ava over to the side and looked back at the guy, only to get hit in the face. It burned with pain, but I ignored it and continued to stand up straight and punch him back. He dashed to the side and I moved with him.

He swung again, but this time I dodged and grabbed his arm. I kicked him in the gut, causing him to topple over. I was about to finish him off when I heard a gunshot then Tyler screaming.