Dauntless

I woke to the sound of Marcus stumbling around in the living room. I jumped out of bed knowing it would be the last time I would sleep in my bed. Today is the last day in this house. This miserable house. I smiled to myself at the thought of finally being free. Being able to do things that I will enjoy. I snapped out of my thoughts knowing if I don't get ready now I'll be late. I stripped out of my grey pjs and into my long grey skirt and my boring grey sweater. I took a deep breath as I did my hair the best I could without a mirror. I smiled once more to myself before walking into the living room where I found  Marcus pacing back and fourth. He looked worried. "What's with you?" I say in mild tone voice
He looked up at me with horridness in his eyes.
"Your leaving me aren't you?" He said on the verge of tears.
"What do you think Marcus?" I snapped
He looked at me with sad and confused eyes 
"I'm so sorry Raven."
I didn't say anything it was too late to say sorry.
"Raven please." He pleaded
"You beat my mother to death, you made Tobias leave and now after all these years you wanna say sorry?" I had anger tears running down my face "Marcus when I was just a little girl my mom died! And to make matters worse you beat my brother! You made the one person I truly loved leave me!" I was yelling now. I was done! He did this. "Tobias was broken when he left!"
"Tobias is a selfish coward!" Marcus snapped
"Tobias is not the coward!" I say stepping closer to Marcus "You are."
Marcus's guilty eyes turned into rage filled  eyes that I always tried to avoid. Well not today. I will not avoid them today.
"Go head Marcus." I say pointing to my cheek.
"Hit me. One last time. Show yourself how much of a man you are."  I spat
Marcus had uncontrollable rage in his eyes
"You selfish ungrateful little bitch!" Marcus shouted he raised his hand to hit me but soon stopped when we heard a Knock at the door. Marcus lowered his hand and brushed himself off. I ran to open the door to see the Prior family standing in perfect positions as if they heard nothing. Maybe they didn't hear anything. I looked over at Caleb who shifted his weight from one foot to another and let out what seemed to be a frustrated sigh.  "Good morning Mr. And Mrs. Prior, good morning Caleb and Beatrice!" I said as cheerfully as I could. "Good morning Raven! How are you feeling?" Asked Mr. Prior but before I could answer Marcus came over to the door and put a hand on my shoulder.
"She's feeling  fine let's just hopes she makes the right choice today." He said coldly as he lightly pushed me out of the house. Caleb and I slowly followed behind the rest. I walked with my head down thinking about what Marcuse could've meant by making the right choice.
"How are you really feeling?" Caleb asked making me snap my attention toward him.
I shrugged "I don't know."
Caleb looked over at me with pity eyes.
"Make the choice that calls you."
I gave him a quick smile and said
"You too Caleb."
He gave me a crooked smile and continued to walk.

After about thirty minutes of walking we reached our destination. The ceremony hall.
All the abnegation took the stairs so the other factions could take the elevator. After continuous flights of stairs we were greeted by a big black door. It's entrance led into a room full of all the factions. Up on stage was five big stone bowls. The bowls we would drip our blood into declaring what faction we would spend the rest of our life's in.  I snapped out of my thoughts when Marcus pulled me away from the Priors and led me into a seat  by all the others.  After a short minute we were met by the Priors. Caleb sat to my left while Marcus sat to my right. Making sure no one was looking I put my hand on Caleb's leg to get his attention which was focused on Erudite. He looked up at me and gave me that crooked smile I knew I'd miss.
"I'll miss you." I say loud enough for only him to hear.  Tears threaten to spill but i held them back I could tell he was doing the same.
"I'll miss you too." He said putting his hand on top of mine. We sat there for a quick moment looking at one another. I pulled myself out of my thoughts when I felt someone staring at me from a few rolls down. I met eyes with  Peter from Candor. He gave me a smirk and looked away. After a few hours it was the abnegations turn. We all silently walked down and formed a line by the stage. After a few names were called  my name was called. I took deep breath and gave Caleb a quick goodbye and the same to Beatrice. As I walked up on stage I could feel the eyes all on me. I looked straight forward at the big stone bowls. They all had different items in them. The dauntless one had black hot coals. The rest didn't matter. I took the knife from that they  had given me when I first walked up on stage. I dug the knife into the skin of my hand. I winced at the pain it had caused me. Blood trickled down my hand as I lifted it up over the dauntless bowl. One drop sizzled on the coals and I was no longer Abnegation. I was dauntless. And for the first time in a long time I smiled and ran over to the cheering dauntless. When I took my seat I sat by a familiar stranger. Then realized it was the guy I had talked to the day of the aptitude test.
"Wow I can't believe we got a stiff!" He said taking a hand out for me to shake. I shook his hand
"I'm not stiff anymore!" I say taking off my sweater to reveal the grey tank top I had on underneath.
"I'm dauntless."

*Unedited* hope you guys enjoyed! Next update coming soon.