bowties and bad decisions

"I hope you feel that heavy gloom
When you're all done up in a crowded room
And your life trips up over those shoes
That you paid too much for but not in dues
And I'll be watching from a distance
Wouldn't wanna miss this
Was it fake the whole time? Was it just instance?
Man it's so personal yet it's business
I want it to hit so close to home."

"

The Avengers woke up to a surprise: a formal invitation from Tony to one of his infamous parties in Avengers Tower in the middle of Manhattan

The Avengers woke up to a surprise: a formal invitation from Tony to one of his infamous parties in Avengers Tower in the middle of Manhattan. He stressed the strict formal dress code and offered little to no explanation about why this party was happening. When they asked him, he said "my friends want to meet you, the kids that saved New York City. Why else?" as if it was completely obvious.

But they all faced a problem: none of them had anything to wear.

Upset, Talia was tossing all the clothes that were absolutely unsuitable out into the hallway, including a pair of black red-bottom Louboutin heels that caught Maize's eye. Meaghan saw this.

"Maize, you have to take those. Talia is literally throwing her clothes out, like this shit is in garbage bags, girl. Do you hear her? She's doing a closet cleanse, and she doesn't care about those shoes. They were a gift from an ex, she's never going to wear them again."

"Are you, Captain America, suggesting I steal something?"

"Well, you're stealing for a good cause, right? Again, someone at the thrift store is going to buy them for $12 if you don't just take the shoes and run." Meaghan convinced. Maize followed through.

Frantic, Peter was trying to put his best pieces together when Tony pulled him from the depths of his science pun t-shirts and jeans and took him to his closet. Tony was insistent that Peter would wear his first adult, well-tailored suit, even though Peter felt like it was too much to accept.

"Do you want to go to this party or not?" Tony asked.

"Well, yeah." Peter answered. "I'm terrified to meet your friends, but I still want to go."

"So, take the suit. That's the only way you're going to be able to come into the party, Peter."

"But I can't even pronounce the name of the company that makes my tie!"