Chapter 3- Miakoda

I walk outside with Jane

I walk outside with Jane. She pauses at the porch steps, her eyes traveling over the  massive lawn, to the forest edge and down the long drive. I notice that there's no car in front of the house. So how did she get here?

I'm seriously curious now of what she is. Her jet black eyes are the most noticeable thing about her but now that we're away from my Dad and Clara, I can feel something else about her. An aura surrounds her which seems to invite but also repel you away from her.

"Do you mind if I sit down for a minute. I rarely get outside these days and I can't help admire the view", it takes me a second to realise she's talking to me as I'm snapped out of my wandering thoughts. I stare at her and I can see the amusement in her eyes and the slight curve in her lips.

"S-sure", I start walking towards the pine bench that's below the big oak tree in the centre of the big lawn. She follows and we both sit down on, each on one side of the bench. We say nothing, her watching the sun cast shadows from the trees onto the lawn, me observing her every move.

"If she's not a vampire, then what is she?" I ask my wolf.

"I'm not sure Luna but I don't feel threatened by her like I would with a vampire" my wolf replies back. I continue staring, trying to be discreet when she suddenly lets out a low chuckle.

"I may not be a werewolf with a mindlink but I can still sense you want to ask me something Luna" she says calmly. She turns her body to face me and I can see her lips curl up into a smile as she notices my dumbfounded expression.

"You want to know what manner of creature I am." she states. How did she... I blush as I realise I wasn't so discreet with my staring.

"Well, I noticed you don't smell like a vampire and then there was your black eyes and I've only known werewolves to have black eyes when they're about to..." I ramble and then stop once I realise I'm rambling. I blush even harder and Jane laughs at me.

"It's ok Luna. You wouldn't know of every creature that walks the earth." she replies, placing a hand on my knee and giving it a soothing rub. That little bit of contact sent a jolt through my body, like energy.

"And to answer your question, I'm an enchantress" she states proudly.

"Wait, does that mean you're like a witch" I instantly regret saying that because her eyes go hard and she clenches her hands into fists. I think I even see a fire in her eyes.

"I am nothing like those hags, They practice Dark magic and worship chaos. They only think of themselves and don't care about the harm they do to others" she almost growls those words at me. Her mouth is set in a grim line and in my peripheral vision I thought I saw a flash of something near her hand but when I look, its still clenched in a fist.

"I'm sorry Jane. I didn't mean to offend you" I mumble, looking down at the ground, fidgeting with my hands. I haven't seen her powers and I'm already terrified of it.