A Bright Future Indeed

Tyrion entered the room a few moments later. "Lyra?" His voice was laced with concern. Lyra looked over at him. "Are you alright?" he asked, coming over to her. Lyra nodded, sniffling. "What is it? Second thoughts?" Lyra shook her head adamantly. "Of course not. It was my father." Tyrion took her hand in his. "Do not let him upset you, Lyra. Not today."

Lyra sniffled again and nodded. "Alright. Now, get out of here." Tyrion laughed. "I will be waiting," he whispered before pressing a kiss to her cheek and leaving the room. Lyra got up off the floor and finished preparing herself. Now that she had cried herself out, she felt the nerves. As nervous as she was, Lyra was ready for this. She was ready for a new chapter in her life.

Another knock on the door made Lyra groan. "Enter." The door opened and Lady Chylk walked in with Alyss and Liam. "Mother, you look beautiful!" Alyss gushed and Lyra laughed. "Thank you." She turned to Lady Chylk. "Mother." Lady Chylk's eyes were watering. "Lyra...you look stunning." Lyra wanted to remain aloof, but she couldn't. This was her mother after all. "Mother," she said again, before wrapping her arms around her mother.

Lyra couldn't describe how it felt to be in her mother's arms again after so long. "Oh, Lyra. Forgive me. I should have tried harder to convince your father. I have never regretted anything more." Lyra gave her a squeeze. "It was Father's decision, not yours. I know you tried. You tried when he caught Niclas and I together." Lady Chylk gave Lyra a squeeze before pulling away. "Are you ready?" she asked and Lyra took a deep breath. "Yes."

The rest of the day went by so quickly, it was almost a blur. It wasn't until the feast that it registered in Lyra's mind that she was married again. She wasn't a whore any longer. She was a lady once more. Lady Lannister, married to the man she loved so much. And her children would be provided for in a way Lyra had never been able to before.

Tyrion's hand laying over hers caught Lyra's attention. She looked down at him and smiled happily. "You're lost in thought again." Lyra laughed. "Indeed I am." Tyrion brought her hand up to his lips and kissed it. "Perhaps we should retire for the night." Lyra shrugged. There would not be a bedding since Lyra didn't want her children exposed to that at such a young age.

Tyrion glanced over to see Liam yawning. He chuckled. "I think it might be for the best. Liam is exhausted." Lyra agreed and stood. The celebration would continue on without them, but the little family was ready for the day to be done. Tyrion grabbed Liam while Lyra found Alyss and the four of them left the hall, unnoticed by the others there.

Once the children were tucked away in their chambers, Lyra and Tyrion retired to their own, now shared, rooms. Tyrion and Lyra would not consummate their marriage that night. Instead, the two of them lay in bed, Lyra's arms wrapped around Tyrion as they discussed the rest of their lives. Whether they would have children together, whether they would stay in King's Landing or go to Casterly Rock and whether her parents would be part of their lives.

"I am not certain about children. I would not want to risk your life by putting a child in your belly," Tyrion whispered and Lyra sighed. "Worried about me already, husband," she said with a chuckle. Tyrion smiled at her. "I would like to legitimize Liam and Alyss as my children. If you will allow it, I would like for them to carry the Lannister name." Lyra didn't respond, but her smile said it all. She leaned in and kissed his lips.

They both had such dark times in their pasts, but those no longer mattered. What mattered was what lie ahead. As Tyrion lay in bed with his new wife, feeling her fingers running through his hair, he couldn't help but smile. The future looked very bright indeed. 

(A/N: I lied. There will be one more part after this.)