Rescue

(WARNINGS: VIOLENCE AND DEATH! I hope the length of this chapter makes up for the wait.)

Tyrion sat in his chambers with Alyss, his mind frantic with worry. He didn't think he could handle it if either Liam or Lyra got hurt. "Lord Tyrion?" Tyrion glanced at Alyss. Her hazel eyes were filled with worry. "Yes, Alyss?" The young girl's lip began to tremble and Tyrion took one of her hands in his. "Will my mother and Liam be alright?" Tyrion did his best to smile as he nodded. "I am certain they will. Your mother is a formidable woman when it comes to protecting her children."

Alyss sniffled and Tyrion felt his heart clench. What if something did happen to Lyra and Liam? What would happen to Alyss then? He hadn't time to ponder too long before there was a knock on the door. As Tyrion opened his mouth to respond, the door burst open and a servant ran in. "Lord Tyrion!" Tyrion jumped and Alyss hid behind a chair until she realized who it was.

"What is it?" The servant quickly handed Tyrion the scroll clenched in his fist. "I had to wrestle this from a messenger. It was for you." It was strange to see his servant out of breath. Tyrion took the scroll and unrolled it.

If you wish to see your son again, meet me at the Waterfront by sunset today.

Tyrion looked up at Alyss in confusion. "Son? I didn't know you had a son, Lord Tyrion." Tyrion shook his head. "As far as I know, I do not. Unless..." Alyss gasped as she came to the same conclusion as Tyrion. "LIAM! Whoever took him believes he is your son!" Tyrion dropped the scroll and groaned. "And Lyra is out there not knowing where to look!"

"We have to find her!" Alyss cried, getting up. Tyrion gently grabbed her arm to still her. "No, Alyss. I have to find her. If anything happens to you, your mother would never forgive me. As it is, she may not forgive me for Liam being taken." Alyss patted his hand. "My mother will forgive you. I know she will." Tyrion gave her a small smile. "I do hope you're right. Now, I must find someone to look after you and quickly. Come along!"

Alyss and Tyrion hurried through the corridors to the throne room. "Lord Tyrion," Varys greeted with a look of curiosity. Daenerys wore a similar expression as Tyrion quickly relayed everything that had happened. Alyss merely stood there, wringing her hands in anticipation. "Of course you must go, Lord Tyrion. Alyss will remain here with me. She will not leave my side. Lord Varys, find one of your little birds and see if they can get to Lyra."

Varys and Tyrion nodded before Tyrion turned to Alyss. "The queen will keep you safe, Alyss." The girl now had tears running freely down her face. Tyrion's heart broke. So much for one so young to deal with. "Please bring them back, Lord Tyrion," she whispered. Tyrion left the throne room and headed for the Waterfront. He only hoped Lyra and Jaime would meet him there.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Mila grinned as she pulled the boy behind her toward the Waterfront. Knowing that this boy was Lyra's son somehow made this all the better. Mila would be able to get her revenge in more ways than one. She could use the boy as leverage to get Tyrion's attention again. The attention that Lyra had stolen from her. Liam pulled and pulled, trying to escape the raven-haired woman's grasp. "Stop struggling," Mila growled, brandishing her knife at the boy. Liam stopped fighting and followed silently. He was definitely afraid now.

Mila smirked when she saw the small form of Tyrion approaching. And he was alone. "Lord Tyrion," she greeted sweetly, only to be rewarded with a sharp glare. "Mila. Let the boy go. Why did you take him?" Mila held the boy closer to her. "It was unintentional. The sellsword was supposed to grab you. Apparently, it was too dark for him to tell the difference between you and the boy." Tyrion turned his gaze to Liam. "Are you alright, Master Liam?" The eight-year-old nodded.

"Good. I'm going to make certain you are returned to your mother." Another nod from Liam and a frown from Mila. Her grip on Liam's arm tightened and he winced. "Why do you care so much about her?! About her happiness?! She's just another whore! She is the same as me!" Tyrion laughed humorlessly. "You would never understand, Mila. Now, what is it you want?" She lowered her knife and answered innocently, "You, milord. Always you. Did I not make my affections obvious?"

Tyrion opened his mouth to answer when movement behind Mila caught his attention. Lyra and Jaime. Varys' birds had done their job. Now, he just had to keep Mila talking until the two could get closer. "And you believed this was the best way to go about getting my attention?"

Mila's hand tightened around the knife and through clenched teeth, she replied, "I couldn't get it any other way. I begged you to return to me in the brothel yet you wouldn't be bothered. You wouldn't spare me a second glance after you finally climbed into Lyra's bed! I attacked her to disfigure her face in hopes that you would turn away from her and got fired for it. I accused her of treason and still you go to her aide! I won't have it!"

"You kidnapped my son because you were jealous?!" Lyra's voice was sharp and strong. Mila nearly jumped out of her skin. Her eyes widened when she realized that Lyra was actually standing there and not in cell in the Keep's dungeon. "Get your hands off my son, now." Liam tried to break free and run to his mother, but Mila refused to let go.

Suddenly, her face split into a malicious smile. It made Lyra's skin crawl. "Fine." She let go of Liam's arm and shoved him toward Tyrion before jumping and attacking Lyra. Lyra let out a little scream, but didn't run. She was soon on her back, fighting Mila and avoiding Mila's knife. The knife that still had Lyra's dried blood caked on it.

Tyrion looked on in horror as the two women fought. It take long for Jaime to run over and pull Mila off Lyra. Lyra stood quickly and moved toward her son. Mila took advantage and elbowed Jaime in the crotch. She wrenched herself free and came at Lyra again. "LYRA, LOOK OUT!" Lyra turned to see Mila at her, knife raised.

Without thinking, Lyra grabbed the wrist of the hand that held the knife. After struggling for a moment, Lyra was able to get the knife away. That didn't stop Mila. She lunged forward, determined to knock Lyra off her feet once more. Lyra planted her feet and Mila ended up lunging right into her own knife. "Liam, look away," Tyrion commanded, forcing the boy to face another direction. He didn't want him to see.

Mila gasped in pain and glanced down. She was now bleeding profusely, her blood pouring out all over herself and Lyra. Stumbling backward, Mila ended up falling into the deep, murky water. Lyra's hands began to shake as Mila floated away. Lyra couldn't believe what she had just done. "Lyra?" Jaime asked. Lyra turned her hazel eyes on the elder Lannister. Without another word, Jaime wrapped his arms around her. "It's alright." Tyrion had to look away.

"Where's Mila?" Liam asked, his eyes full of curiosity. "She won't be bothering us anymore, Master Liam," Tyrion told him softly. "We should return to the Keep," Jaime suggested. Lyra went to take a shaky step and nearly fell. Jaime scooped her up in his arms and lead the way back to the Red Keep. Liam held Tyrion's hand tightly. "Liam, why did Mila think I was your father?" Liam shrugged. "It was the first thing I could think of. Besides, if you and Mother get married, you will be, right?" Tyrion didn't respond.