You Don't See It, Do You?

Silence. Nothing but silence. Everyone looked at Tyrion in surprise, although Lyra tried to hide it. Daenerys had a sly smile painted on her lips. This was an interesting turn of events. "W-Wife? You plan on taking Lyra as your wife, Lord Hand?" Lady Chylk asked, her voice trembling with emotion. Tyrion nodded as he avoided looking up at Lyra. He didn't want to see her expression. Instead, he hardened his gaze at Lyra's father."And since you have disowned your daughter, I do not need to ask your blessing unless she wishes me to."

At this, Tyrion finally glanced up at Lyra. She was still gaping at him until he gave her arm a little squeeze and she came to her senses. "His blessing means nothing to me. Would you please escort me home, Lord Tyrion?" Tyrion nodded, but Daenerys stopped him. "I'm afraid I must keep your betrothed, Lyra. Small Council matters. However, Ser Jaime could escort you home. Lord and Lady Chylk, feel free to roam." Tyrion followed Daenerys, hoping to get a chance to talk to Lyra another time.

As soon as they were out of earshot of the Chylks, Lyra let out a loud sigh. "What is he doing, Ser Jaime?" she asked. "Proposing, it would seem," Jaime quipped back, earning a glare from the woman next to him. "I don't find this amusing, Ser. Why?" Jaime stopped walking, making Lyra and the children slow to look at him. "You don't see it, do you?" Lyra quirked a brow and Jaime held up his hands. "It's not for me to tell you," was all he said and the four continued walking.

"Mother, are you really going to marry Lord Tyrion? Is he going to be our new father?" Liam asked and Lyra winced. How could she possibly tell her children that it wasn't a real proposal without breaking their hearts? They loved Tyrion. He had become a fixture in their lives and they hated that they hadn't been able to see him.

"We will talk about it another time, Liam. For now, I need to get you both home." Liam nodded and turned to his sister. "Race you!" With that, the two took off, leaving the adults laughing behind them. "You should talk to him, Lyra." Lyra sighed again. "I know. I know he didn't mean for any of what happened. I know it wasn't his fault. I just...find it so hard to forgive when it comes to my children."

Jaime nodded. "I understand," he said, thinking of his own three children, now all dead. "Still, you love Tyrion." It was Lyra's turn to be surprised and Jaime laughed. "Everyone sees it, Lyra. Even the queen. Hells, Littlefinger probably even noticed. You are in love with him. You need to tell him, even if nothing comes of it." They had arrived at Lyra's cottage, where Jaime kissed Lyra's hand. "I will send Tyrion to the brothel tonight. Talk to him, please."

Lyra smiled and nodded. With all the knights and lords in the city, Littlefinger needed all of his girls which meant Lyra had to leave her children once more. When she walked into the brothel just before sundown, Littlefinger was waiting for her. "Ah, Lyra! You have a patron waiting. He has paid for your entire evening. Now, go get ready and I will send him in."Lyra stared at him in shock for a moment before heading toward her room.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Tyrion headed toward the room he had become so familiar with and opened the door. The moment he saw her, his mind went back to the first night he'd spent with her. She was sitting at her table, combing out her dark locks. "Good evening, Lyra." His voice was barely above a whisper, but Lyra heard him anyway.

She turned to him and smiled. It was the first smile he'd gotten from her in months and, for a moment, he wondered if she was acting. "Close the door please, Lord Tyrion." Tyrion quickly did as she asked and she sighed. "Ser Jaime said he'd send you, but I didn't think you would pay for the entire night." Tyrion shrugged. "I was going to come find you anyway. I think there is something we have to discuss."

Lyra snorted out a laugh. "And what would that be? The fact that we have not spoken in many moons or the fact that you proposed marriage to me unexpectedly this afternoon?" Tyrion clasped his hands in front of him. "Both. I know I surprised you today." Lyra rolled her eyes. "That is one way of putting it." Tyrion didn't reply and a silence fell over them.

"Thank you," Lyra finally whispered, making Tyrion's eyes whip up to her face. There was no hint of jest in her expression. "Thank you for everything. I know that you did everything you could to protect my children. I couldn't see it at the time because my son was in danger. And I have to thank you for today. It may have been unorthodox, but you certainly put my father in his place." Tyrion shook his head as he tried not to take his eyes off her hazel ones. "That wasn't my intention. However, I do realize it's not the best way to propose marriage to the woman I love."

Lyra gaped openly at him. He had proposed and meant it. "I-I don't know what to say, my lord." It was Tyrion's turn to roll his eyes. "Lyra, I think we are past titles. I did ask for your hand in marriage after all." Lyra laughed again, although this time it was forced.

Lyra never expected to marry again. She never expected to even have prospects of marriage. Yet, here was Tyrion proposing twice in the same day. And telling her that he loved her. "Lyra?" She shook her thoughts away and looked at him. She was grateful that she was sitting down so she could look directly into his eyes.

"Do you mean that?" Tyrion and reached over to take her hand in his smaller one. "I do. Despite trying to fight it, I do." Lyra cocked her head to the side and Tyrion remembered that he hadn't told her everything about him past. He quickly explained everything about his first wife and then Shae.

Lyra arched a brow and joked, "You certainly have a fondness for whores, don't you?" Tyrion scowled, indicating that he wasn't amused by Lyra's joke. "True, but I will tell you this. When I make a promise to someone, I keep it. If you agree to marry me, I keep my vows. I will be yours and yours alone." Lyra shook her head, making Tyrion frown.

"Not mine alone. Any man who wishes to marry me will also have to accept my children. Liam and Alyss have been my world for a very long time. I could not marry anyone they didn't approve of, even the man that I love." Tyrion just stared at her and she giggled. "In case that flew over your head, I just told you that I love you, Tyrion." Tyrion beamed.

"Should I ask for Master Liam and Lady Alyss' blessing then? Or would you tell me to fuck off now?" Lyra looked down at their joined hands and smiled to herself. She glanced back up at Tyrion. "You truly wish to marry me?" Tyrion nodded. "Yes I do. I love you and your children hold a special place in my heart." That was what Lyra really needed to hear. Without a response, Lyra leaned forward and pressed her lips to Tyrion's, stunning the dwarf and making his heart soar.     

(A/N: We are coming to the end of our story!! Thank you for over 3K reads and over 100 votes!)