In a Dungeon Cell

Lyra sighed and leaned her head back against the wall of her cell. She hoped Tyrion was keeping his promise to look after Alyss and Liam. As their mother, Lyra couldn't help but worry about them. Were they alright? Was Tyrion keeping them safe? She hoped so. She trusted Tyrion with her children in a way she'd never trusted anyone else except Niclas.

She brought her knees up to her chest and wrapped her arms around them. Then, Lyra did something she didn't do often. For the second time since she'd been scarred, she wept. She wept for her children, for Tyrion and for herself.

Tyrion, Littlefinger and Jaime all made their way to Tyrion's chambers. They needed to question the children. "Perhaps you should wait out here, Lord Baelish. The children know us. They trust us," Tyrion suggested and Littlefinger, surprisingly, agreed. Tyrion and Jaime entered the room and quickly closed the door behind them.

It only took a moment for Tyrion to feel small arms around his neck. "Lord Tyrion, is Mother going to be alright?!" Alyss asked while Liam held tightly onto Tyrion. Tyrion carefully removed the boy's arms from his neck and bid the children to sit down. "Your mother will be fine. She has been accused unjustly." The two young ones smiled until Tyrion continued, "However, the queen believes it would be best for Lyra to remain in her cell. Just until this is all sorted out. For her safety."

Liam nearly broke down in tears again, but Alyss just nodded. "What about us?" she asked in a small voice. "You will remain in the Keep with me and Jaime. We will protect you." Liam sniffed. "Can we see her? Mother?" Tyrion glanced at Jaime who shrugged. "I don't see the harm." Tyrion nodded and Liam perked up a bit.

"Before we go, I must ask you. Have you seen a strange woman about? Someone you don't know? A woman with black hair?" Both children shook their heads and Jaime sighed. "Thank you. Shall we go see your mother then?"

Littlefinger was still waiting outside. "Well?" he asked in a hushed tone to Tyrion. The Lannister's brows furrowed. "The children have not seen Mila, but I know she is behind this somehow. We have a limited time to find out how. I will think on it and call on you in the morning." Littlefinger bowed and left. Tyrion hurried to catch up to Jaime and the children.

The trip down to the cells only took a few minutes, but it felt like hours. "Lyra's down here," Jaime said, leading the way to Lyra's cell. Even in the darkness, Tyrion could see her huddled up by the wall. "Lyra?" Jaime's voice bounced off the stone walls, echoing throughout the dungeons. Lyra's head snapped up and she scrambled to her feet. "Ser Jaime? What's going on?"

Jaime chuckled sadly. "I will explain everything, but you have visitors now." He opened the cell and let the children run passed him. "Mother!" They cried, wrapping their arms around Lyra as best they could. "Hello, my loves." She kissed both their heads and glanced at Tyrion who hovered in the doorway. "Thank you," she mouthed. He nodded once, feeling like he was intruding on a special moment. However, the children pulled back just a bit and looked at him expectantly. He looked to Lyra who smiled and nodded.

Tyrion joined the small family and Jaime, who wanted to reassure the children, came in and hugged them as well. The five of them dissolved into laughter at the thought of sharing such a moment in a dungeon cell.

When they finished laughing, Lyra frowned. As much as it hurt her, she said, "This is no place for children to linger. Please take them out, Ser Jaime." Jaime arched a brow, but agreed. The children clung to their mother like a vine to a wall. Lyra knelt down and hugged her children again. "Be brave, my loves. This will all be over soon. Behave yourselves for Lord Tyrion and Ser Jaime." She kissed them both and detached their arms from her middle.

Once they were gone, Lyra turned her attention back to Tyrion. "Jaime and I will look after them. I swear it." Lyra nodded. "What is the queen's decision regarding my fate?" Tyrion smiled. "She believes you to be innocent. Your children saw to that. However, she also believes that it would be best for you to remain in here. For your safety." Lyra sighed.

"Do we know who is was who accused me?" Tyrion ran his hand over his beard. He was unsure whether or not he should tell her. He glanced up and saw the scars on her arms. Making a decision, Tyrion nodded. "Jaime, Littlefinger and I believe it was Mila." Lyra's hand automatically went to her face. "Why? I do not understand what I've done to earn such hatred from her." Tyrion shook his head. "I do not know, but I promise you that I will find out."

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Meanwhile, down in the city streets, Mila handed a bag of coin to a sellsword. "You know what to do?" He simply nodded in understand. The man had lost the ability to speak when Cersei had his tongue cut out. Mila's lips spread into a wicked grin. "Good. If Lyra is set free, I need some way to make her suffer. Remember; don't kill anyone." The sellsword nodded again. He didn't care what she wanted, as long as she paid him. As the sellsword snuck away, Mila chuckled to herself. She just knew that she was finally going to get what she deserved.   

(a/n: Fair warning, things are going to get a little darker in the next chapter!)