Black

~That night~

"I'm turning in. See you lot tomorrow." Stone said, walking back to his room.
One by one each of the guys left, until Chris and I were the only ones left.

"Whatcha wanna do?" Chris asked, cocking his head to the side.
"No clue Chrispy." I smiled at the new name I just gave him.
"Chrispy?" He questioned.

"Well, you're like sunburnt, right there, and uh...there!" I touched his bare shoulders, and he swatted my hands away.
"Shut up." He laughed.

"I don't have a nickname for you." He shrugged
"That's okay." I said, leaning into him.

"Getting tired?" He asked.
I shook my head but a yawn escaped.
"Lets get you to bed." He told me, standing up.

"I'll take the couch again. Eddie said I could have his bed but he already went in there so I'm cool out here." I explained.

"I'm sure Eddie wouldn't mind you staying there, we can go check and make sure he isn't taking up the whole bed." Chris winked.

"I'm gonna let you do that." I said. I wasn't keen on invading privacy, and it seems that Chris was a pro, considering the shower incident yesterday.

"Okay, I'll be back." He said with a nod. He ran off to the hallway and tiptoed into Eddie's room.

It had been more than a minute and it doesn't take that long to check if someone's sleeping or not.
I got up and snuck down the hallway. Chris popped out of the doorway and almost scared me.
"He's asking for you." He mumbled. Chris looked troubled.

"Hey, are you okay?" I asked him, putting a hand on his shoulder.
"Yeah yeah, don't worry about me you pretty little thing. Go see Ed." He insisted, kissing my forehead before he moved out of the way.

I watched him walk back and slump on the couch, pulling the blanket over him.
I turned to look into Eddie's room, which was dark.

I walked towards the shadow of his bed and sat down carefully, making sure I didn't hit him.
"Eddie?" I whispered. He didn't answer me, so I turned on the lamp that was on the bedside table.
"Shut the door, please." He muttered. I nodded and shut it. My heart was pounding. Is he okay?

He sighed and looked up at me, red eyes and tear-stained cheeks.
"Oh Eddie, what's wrong?" I asked, hugging him. He didn't speak, but just cried some more.
"You're gonna make me cry too, please tell me what's wrong." I begged, rubbing his back.

"Ed, please."

"Its just, you didn't deserve all that happened to you. You're too sweet..." he pulled away and leaned against the headboard of the bed, "who did it? Why did they do it? It doesn't make sense, Vick." He finished.

"Um, my ex...Dave. After we broke up the only connection we had was the drugs." I said. It was a sensitive topic, but I didn't cry over it anymore, and I didn't expect Eddie to be this way about it.

"I'm sorry." He said.
"Eddie, don't be sorry. It doesn't even bother me anymore. It happened years ago. Its no reason to get upset." I told him.
"I'm sorry. Do you want to lay down? Like go to sleep? I'll turn the light off." He said. His face not so red anymore, but his blue eyes were still watery and they shimmered in the lamp's light.

"That sounds good. Do you want me to open the door?" I asked.
"No no, it can stay shut." He said. I nodded and moved to the other side of the bed while he turned the lamp off.
"Goodnight Vicky. I'm sorry I got your shirt wet." He laughed a little.
"Don't worry about it Eddie. Goodnight."