four // confrontation

THE FOLLOWING DAY IS A blur. I try to keep myself occupied by doing chores around the house and taking regular trips to the grocery store, I even go as far as visiting my parents' graves - no need to mention that I may be an emotional wreck for the rest of the day, resulting in madness. But, despite everything that I do to distract myself, I always end up thinking about Luke, and what Max said about him the previous night. I still didn't know why Luke acted jealous, perhaps he was jealous. And maybe he was being the way he was with Aubrey because he was trying to make me jealous. Wishful thinking, I know, but in any case I need answers, and that's exactly what I am going to get.

On the way to school on Monday, I know what I am going to ask Luke - I will first confront him about the electricity, and see how it went from there. Hopefully it will be something good, I need it to be something good. The thought that the sparks are a good thing is the only hope I have left. I want Luke to like me, more than what is probably considered healthy. I'm going crazy, I know that, but the thought of him hating me never fails to make me want to sit in a corner and cry because of how perfect he is and how I will never be good enough. To be honest, whenever he randomly popped into my mind, the image of him makes my chest tighten. But then I remember how he looked at me when we first bumped into each other, and how he was seemingly jealous the on Saturday. Seriously, this boy needed to come with a manual because he is incredibly hard to understand.

I groan inwardly, tapping my fingers against the steering wheel in irritation as I try to come up with a logical explanation as to why I'm thinking about him so much. It is very problematic for me, and it must be scientifically proven to be unhealthy for one person to be so attached to another, as I am to Luke. Then again, Luke is so flawless that he himself is beyond explanation. It's frustrating for me, because he can't just walk around and look the way he does, and in the process destroy the lives of every single girl he passes, and perhaps some guys. If there's one word to describe him, it would be...well, there isn't a word in any dictionary because none of them seem to sum up the Australian.

The school soon comes within my line of sight, and my eyes begin to scan the area calmly, though my heart is hardly being 'calm'. I honestly feel like I'm going to faint, because the blood in my veins is being pumped around my body so fast that I can actually hear it circulate through my ears. But I can't help but feel excited, despite my anxiety. It isn't only because there's a chance that I will find out what this 'thing' is, but because I'm going to see him. Stupid, I know, but I am so enthralled in the guy that I'm counting the hours we are apart. God, if Ashton hears me he will definitely think that I belong in an insane asylum. But hey, if Evan Peters is there, who am I to complain?

Turning into the school parking lot, I pull the car into its usual place, and shut off the power. My bags are sitting in the passenger side of the car, so I sling the bricks over my shoulder and pull the keys out of the ignition and open the car door. A cool breeze lick at my face, blowing the hair on my head behind me, leaving me silently regretting not tying it up. Realizing that it's too late to do anything about it, I secure the car and slip the keys into my front pocket. Searching the area once again, I spot the two Australian's occupying a table. Michael is spinning a bottle cap on the wooden creation, seemingly engrossed in the plastic lid and how it spins with such speed. Luke just sits there, staring at...well, I have no idea. It's almost like he's in a world of his own, the obvious stares from the passers-by not bothering him as much as it does Michael, which is probably why he is zoned out on the bottle cap.

Okay, this is it, I say to myself, pulling the bags further up my shoulder, before beginning my trek to their table. I swear, I feel like one of the Alphabet Agents, trying to figure out the most important secret in the world. Okay, I'm weird. Maybe I do belong in an insane asylum.