Chapter 14-"The Sun is Shining Everyday, but It's Far Away."

Nico's P.O.V.
Jason had already gone to Camp Jupiter, Piper had finally convinced Jason to take her with him. Reyna might have a problem with that. I mean seriously, I don't know much about love. But Jason and Reyna have feelings that cannot be concealed.

Percy had to teach his first sword fighting class, and Annabeth had Greek Mythology to teach. Hazel and Frank were only here to make sure Jason got to Camp Jupiter. And Leo had finally leaked his plan to me.

I was pretty surprised, Leo was the least likely to do something so impulsive. After all, surviving was his best hobby.

I thought all of this laying down the side of the bed. My head was on the floor and my back to the bed. I thought vaguely how easy it was for someone to kill me right now. The blood rushing to my head would make it harder for me to move out of harms way.

My shirt had slid up so you can see my whole stomach. Well, not entirely "see". The hades cabin never had more light than needed. An eerie glow of the sun came through the messed up pitch black curtains that adorned the window ungracefully.

The walls casted nothing but faint shadows and the floor barely received them. There were two bunk beds and one big bed which I was laying on. One bed was cleared up and on it lied all of Bianca's possessions. On days I was sad, I'd pull out her green hat and hold it closely to my chest, sobbing myself to sleep.

On days I was happy, I'd never end up in my cabin. But that never happened anyways. The rest of my cabin was a mess, the bed underneath Bianca's bed was Hazels. The cleanest area in the room.

I sighed and looked at the chocolate wrapper lying a couple feet away from my bed. The weird rectangular electronic device that the girl left was beeping and would not shutup. The screen lit up again, a battery symbol came up on the screen and I threw my pillow at it.

It was capable of playing music, that's for sure. I also think I've seen it when I accidentally traveled to china. If my theory is correct, this thing is an IRod... Oh wait that sounds wrong. I don't even think there was a "r" in it.

The ear buds were lying next to the device and my sword was propped up against my dresser. I examined it more, was it just me or did the sword seem to get lighter? It used to be as black as nightmares, but now it's just as dark as night. Huh, must be a trick of the light.

I flipped off my bed. Literally flipped. I groaned as pain shot into my back. I grabbed my sword and shook myself off before walking outside.

The sunlight hit me like a bullet as I struggled to cover my eyes. " The bat is out of its cave!" I heard the immature voices of , none other than Stoll brothers.

I scowled and they scampered away probably to prank an innocent bystander. I froze in my track at their next words.

"Yeah, Aurora..." They had gone too far so my ears no longer received there conversation. That name ringed around my head. It sounded important... I almost ran to the brothers but stopped myself. I wasn't exactly sure who she was, but the Stoll brothers were the reason rumors spread so fast.

I made my way over to the sword arena, Percy was practicing with some younger campers. It was always the same.

The look Percy had in his sea-green eyes, pain that deceived his motivational words. As if there was an "eventually you can't" after every "keep going." A "you need this to live" behind "practice." The friendships he tried to keep strong, because they wouldn't last.

And the kids were always the same.

Excitement embroidered in shining eyes, finally feeling like they could fit in. Faulty sword clinks. Children falling over from heavy swords. Laughing as the got up. You can't always get up.

Last of all, Playing as if it was a game. You know, people say life is a game. If that were true there'd be no winner but death. Games have rules, life has suggestions. People cheat in games, you can't cheat life.

I ran my fingers through my hair wincing as I once again remembered how short it was. Realized all the snow around the arena was really sloshy and wet. I was too lazy to clean it so I waded through it ankle deep. Percy noticed my struggle and lifted the snow out of my path. I walked through and the snow went back to its original place. Huh, must be a son of the sea god thing.

"It's water." He explained calling a break with the little kids. "I can't melt it... I can move it around but that's it. Like enchanted snow conceived to bother Percy's everywhere." He continued dramatically. He smirked at my annoyed features.

I rolled my eyes. "How's the training going?" I asked. A normal question... Right? Okay here I go getting hyper over talking to this stupid green-eyed kid. He looked disappointed as if that wasn't the topic he wanted to converse in.

"Okay I guess. What made you come out today." I pointed at the sky. A tiny speck of gold was covered up by thick clouds. The sun was not shining bright enough. "So you're telling me, all you needed to come out was it to snow and be insanely cold. Tell you what Nico you are completely insane."

I cocked my head like a dog hating that my hair didn't cover my face. I smiled faintly. My version of a grin. "You're just as sane as I am." I waited for his reaction. He groaned.

"I don't know what book that is from! Annabeth won't tell. Tell me!" Excitement registered in his eyes over the shine of curiosity. "Wait no. I have a better idea. Let's spar."

"Winner gets the answers." He spoke again after a dramatic silence.

I shrugged. "Bring it on Jackson." I walked silently To the middle of the arena. I thought about it for a millisecond then discarded my jacket. A wave of cold air hit my exposed arms. Gave me a sense of nostalgia. The day Percy came to take me away from that hades hole. My sister was with me. It was awfully cold that day too. Snowing even. I was scared. But Bianca was with me.

I sighed as I noticed Percy contemplating whether he should leave on his jacket or take it off like me. He decided on keeping it on. The blue fabric was light enough for training and we took our positions. This was going to be an interesting fight... A little kid with silky black hair ran up between us. "Ready set go!" He moved out of the way and ran behind a giggling herd of little kids. Reminded me of someone.

I adjusted the grip on my sword and saw Percy's muscle flex. Riptide came swinging.
-------------------------------------
Authors Note-
Sorry I haven't updated I've Been trying to raise my grades... And I haven't been on the laptop so I couldn't do any dedications but I will get to that soon...

Btw guess what song? This one fits my situation right now with all of my friends...