Chapter 5~ "I guess you better go and get your armor."

I waded my feet into the water. Thinking. I wondered how long I was going to be here. What would my dad think when he noticed me gone? I skipped school first period, I left without telling him. It was The Friday before winter break so would it matter? Would he worry? I wanted to call him, but I was warned we can't use phones. I've been using my phone since I was in middle school. Why didn't anything happen then?

Oh yeah, mom. She told me she can manipulate the winds. I wondered what typed of goddess she was. The ring... Snowflakes. The snow goddess? But who is the snow goddess? Where was google when you needed it? I felt bad admitting this, but the only gods I knew anything about were the twelve Olympians and a bit about Hecate and Hebe. Annabeth said it didn't matter. She tutors a lot of the demigods who don't know much.

Maybe I should ask her who the snow goddess is? She'd probably know.

After dinner, I decided. I got up and dusted off my dress. I picked up my boots and slipped them over my cold feet.

><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

I saw Annabeth and hurried over to her. 

"Hey, Annabeth I was wondering if-"I started but Annabeth cut me off.

"Come on, capture the flag is going to start!"

"Capture the flag?" I asked, but Annabeth just pulled me over to a pile of armor.

She took out the smallest size and put it on me, her fingers working quickly. Finally I was set. Sorta. She explained the rules and told me to guard our flag, the red flag, much to Percy's dismay(He as an obsession for blue) . I grabbed a random weapon and stumbled across cursing the heavy armor. The sword I chose was completely unbalanced, and I tried not to drop it.

I walked over to the red team. It was Athena, Hermes, Hypnos, Poseidon, Zeus, Aphrodite and Ares. Those were some of the biggest cabins (besides for Poseidon and Zeus) so the other team had the rest of the 11 cabins. Not including Hera or Artemis. I doubt Nico was even playing, the game hadn't even started and he looked ready to sleep. Not that I was looking at him or anything...

I walked over to Annabeth, she was the best battle stradegist. So I tried to give her my attention.

"Alright, Hypnos cabin guard the flag, whoever gets past the first layer of guards make them sleep. Jason, you will lead the first layer of fighters which will be Ares cabin. Aphrodite, go around fixing people's armory besides for you piper you can charm speak anybody near the flag to go to our jail." She took a deep breath.

" Athena cabin, we are about the size of Apollo cabin so try to get those archers. Hermes, if anybody manages to get our flag -which I doubt- steal it from them. Otherwise guard our jail anybody fallen from blue team should be in there. Oh Aurora, you don't have any training , no offense, so you will be our last layer. Nobodies gonna get to our flag, so it's the safest." She seemed so sure of our plan, I believed her.

"Me and Percy will go and get the red flag." She added as if that wasn't clear.

"No detours you two!" I heard someone giggle from the Aphrodite cabin.

Annabeth rolled her eyes as if this has been said before, but was still a little red in the face.

<><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><><

The game already started. I just sat down staring at the flag. This was b-o r i n-g BORING.

Annabeth was right, no one even made it past the first layer. Piper looked bored, yelling orders like, "no need to fight." Or "blue team, put down your weapons!" She said everything so sweetly I had the strange urge to put down my weapon.

I heard the bushes move behind me. Nico just appeared out of the shadows. 

"Cool! Can all demigods do that!" I squealed like a little girl. I clamped my hand over my mouth, and got ready to defend the flag. 

You know, if I was smart I would've turned around and called for help. But as usual, my stupididty got the best of me. I pointed my sword at him, he wasn't even wearing armour. But he looked sleepy. I heard him mutter, "Stupid shadow travel." Before sitting down. He looked ready to pass out. 

"What am I doing here?" He muttered. 

I replied, like the stupid person I am. "Getting the red flag?" He  got up and picked up the flag. He almost 'shadow travelled' away when I grabbed it back. He vanished into the shadows, and came back after a couple of seconds, looking confused.

"No." I said, more alert than before. He looked surprised. I put the flag back in its spot, let my sword fall and pushed him. Yes I pushed him. Was it childlike? Yes. Was it stupid? Maybe. But did it work? Yep. Just then Percy ran across our borders screaming in victory. 

Nico was asleep. Wow, he must've been alot sleepier than I thought. I walked over to Percy and tugged on his shirt. He was taller than me by about 6 inches. I pointed at Nico who was fast asleep. Percy rolled his eyes. 

"What did you do Aurora?" He asked.

"I pushed him." I said innocently. Percy smirked. He bent down and picked Nico up. Unfortunately this caused him to wake up.

"Lemme down Percy" He said groggily. Most of his face was hidden by his hair, but you could still see the lower half of his face which was red as a tomato. Jason came to the rescue.

"Come on Percy, I'll take him to his cabin. Looks like you've got a victory party." Jason said with a nod in Annabeth's direction. It was true, lots of people were screaming red team and beckoning Percy over. He grinned and ran off. Picking up Annabeth in a hug, he twirled her around and kissed her. The cheering got louder after that. Nico looked like he was about to puke.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Sorry for the sucky Chapter. It was more of a filler, and I felt like a hypocryte for not updating and wishing others would update their stories! Some Percico, much to Nico's dismay... 

♥)The reason Nico fell asleep as soon as he hit the ground was because he shadow travelled like six times, in the same hour (he didn't exactly know where the flag was...) In my theory he got better at shadow travelling after he transported the statue.

♥)This chapter is short because I have to do my homework which is due on monday... I have today and tommorow, that's IT!

♥) Aurora is curious... Obviously! So next chapter is going to be interesting...

~Song "Battlefield" by Jordin Sparks!