07

We don't talk anymore.

We don't talk anymore like we used to do. 

▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄▄

I delicately placed the phone back on the place, on top of the counter. I was pretty sure it was Rolf. It was the same voice, same order, same sarcasm. But why did he hang up on me like that? 

"Luna, are you okay? Do you want me to go punch someone?"  

I looked up to see a face looking at me. I smiled, "I'm fine, Sara. One coffeeless caramel frappuccino." 

"Well, it sure took you shorter than last time. Remember the time you talked on the phone for five minutes and forgot to get the order?" 

Memories rushed back. 

"Hehe, yeah, the customer was just ranting about stuff," I explained. "It was kinda stupid, I guess. Something about what to do around a girl." 

Sara rolled her eyes before disappearing. She was my bestfriend . . . but was my problem something worth to make her concerned? I quickly took my place behind the cashier. A guy with brown curls and piercing blue eyes ordered, "One coffeeful caramel frappuccino please." 

I had to laugh. "Coffeeful?" 

The guy shrugged. "My friend always orders coffeeless so I order coffeeful." 

I grabbed a grande cup and asked, "Your name, please?" 

"West," he replied. "And I don't have brothers and sisters named 'North' or 'East'. It's just my last name." 

Still smiling, I handed the cup to an intern, whispering the orders. As the guy walked away with his cup of coffeeful caramel frappuccino, I had a feeling that Rolf would appreciate a coffeeful drink from me today. 

I scribbled on the cup and paid for it before sending it off to his house.