Ch. 6

Normani's POV

"I mean has he lost his damn mind!" Lauren shouted while sitting on my bed. "I should kick his bitch ass just for that!" She continues her rant while I just looked in the mirror at myself. A smile slowly crept to my face as I remembered the words Dinah had said. After taking a good long look, I realize how beautiful I actually am. Like damn I deserve an award for this shit. I just needed someone to help me see that, and that's exactly what Dinah did.

"Mani! Hello!!! Are you even listening to me?!?!" Lauren said. I turned towards her and rolled my eyes. "I get it Lauren." I sat down beside her and laid back on my headboard. "And what was up with Dinah? She acted like she actually gave a damn!" Lauren said looking at me. I just shrugged in response. "Mani. I don't care what he said, but you are damn near a goddess so fuck him!" Lauren told me. I smiled at her. "Thanks Lolo." I gave her a hug. "So what do you want to do tonight?" she asked me. "Nothing really. I'm sort of slacking on school work in English. You know I can't get a C this year." I told her while picking up my backpack from beside my bed. "As fun as that sounds...NOT! I'm bout to go hang out with the girls. You sure you don't wanna come?" She asked again. "Yeah i'm positive. Just text me if you need a ride to school tomorrow morning." I told her as I cracked open my English workbook. "It's fine. I already asked Alexa and she said she'd take me. See ya later Mani!" She grabbed her backpack from beside the door and left my room in a hurry. Now i'm all alone to do all this boring ass homework. Maybe i'd get the work done faster if I had some snacks along with it. I grabbed all my schoolwork and walked all the way to the kitchen. Opening up the freezer I see what I was hoping we had before I even stepped foot out of my room. We had some hot pockets!!!! I know what you're thinking. Why the hell am I so hung up on hot pockets? Well you see... you know what, that's a story for later. Anyway back to my hot pockets.

--

"Mani!!! I'm home!" I jerk my head up from the sound of my mothers voice. "In the kitchen." I groggily reply. She walked in the kitchen and looked at me? "You look tired, why don't you go on up to bed hun." she suggested while putting all my papers together. "Yeah that sounds like a good idea. I'm gonna go take a shower first then I'll head to bed Mama." I gave her a kiss on the cheek after grabbing my stuff and headed toward my room. Putting everything in my backpack, I then grabbed some night clothes and went to take a shower.

After 30 minutes of occupying the bathroom, I was finally laying down in my bed scrolling through Instagram like usual. I saw I had a notification and opened it up to see me tagged in a photo. I clicked on the photo and it was quite a revealing picture of me and Arin. We were layin in my bed all cuddled up, except neither of us had on our shirts. It was obvious that I was aware of him taking a selfie of us because of the goofy face I had. Under the picture was captioned- A gangsta and his bride. As cute as that was how could he be so dumb as to post a picture of me this bare. And after the fact that he hit me and thinks that everything between us gone be okay. That's dead. I set my phone on my charger and turn so I can get comfortable for slumber. I am not looking forward to tomorrow.

--

Dinah's POV

On my way to school I stopped at the donuts shop and got my little thang some chocolate covered donuts. I was debating whether or not I should have got some for all my friends but hell there is too many.

I pulled up to the school and had my backpack in one hand and the donuts in the other as I walked through the front doors of the building. I nodded my head at all the people who either waved or said hey to me. Finally making it to my locker, I balanced the donuts under my arm while I put some heavy books I didn't need in my locker. After that I closed it and headed over to Troy's locker.