⊲|Chapter:43 'IT WAS NICE MEETING YOU LUCAS.'|⊳

Start from the beginning

They make you look hot, but who wants to look hot? Giving up comfort for looking hot is not what I prefer. Pants and shirts are so much better than dresses.

Shaving my legs after the bath I changed into the dress. My still wet hair hung down my back, their colour looking darker because of the dampness. I stared at myself in the mirror while searching for the hair dryer. The dress was pretty, there was no doubt in it. It was navy blue in colour and was made up of net fabric. It wasn't flairey but it wasn't fit either. And thankfully the sleeves were full which made me feel safe. There was a slim leather belt just above my waist.

I admit, it did make me look hot but extremely self-conscious and edgy. It made me feel really restless. But as it was Mom's order, I had to wear it no matter what.

I dried my hair, thinking of the jewelry I own to match the outfit I was wearing. But before I could even think of something, Rebecca entered into my room after a knock. She held a small pouch in her hands as she approached me. When I turned around a smile made its way on her lips.

"You look lovely Sophia," Rebecca complimented. She handed me the pouch. "This is from your mother Sophia. She says this is what you have to wear." I nodded taking the pouch from her as I emptied it's contents on my dresser. In it was a golden locket with a small pearl in the middle. Above the pearl was a little golden bow that intensified its beauty. It was pretty, and I wouldn't choose anything besides that. It really went along with the dress.

With the locket, were two small earrings. Similar to the locket. I smiled at the jewelry thinking of how elegant my Mom's choice was. When I was reaching out for my glasses Rebecca snatched them away from me. "Not today, Sophie!"

Rebecca helped me do the hair. I had them open and blow dried to give a natural look. She then applied a little make up on my face and on the neck area. To say the truth it felt stupid. I had never been to such parties and now when I'm going I had been getting ready since two hours. When Rebecca was done I opened my eyes and looked at my reflection in the mirror.

It wasn't me. The girl who stood before me looked more outgoing and confident. She looked strong and determined. She didn't look like Someone who was weak and had tried to kill them. She didn't even look like a girl who had been bullied all her life. She looked a better stronger version of me. And I was happy to see her.

When my eyes met Rebecca's, I saw tears in her's. She was crying. "Hey, what happened?" Walking towards her, I squeezed her wrists. She smiled at me wiping away the tears.

"You were this little girl when I came here. Look at you now. All grown up, looking like a pretty woman. I'm so proud of you Sophie!" She engulfed me in a warm hug and I hugged her back with the same intensity. She was the only one who had stuck by my side no matter what. If I'd have to choose between my real parents and Rebecca, my choice would definitely be Rebecca.

I patted her back lightly before we pulled away. She tucked my hair behind my ears and smiled again, a big cheerful, lovely smile. She brought a shoe box to me. Inside was a pair of golden stripped sandals which thankfully had little heals. Not those really high ones. They made my height look perfect and I couldn't be more happier with the design choice.

After getting completely ready I stared at myself in the mirror, checking for any errors. Deciding to notify my great boyfriend about it, I snapped a mirror picture with my reflection in it and sent it to Carter.

Me:
how do I look?

Rebecca would never really dislike anything. Asking from Carter seemed a better option. Because I didn't want Mom and Dad to ruin everything before it even started. I wanted to leave zero chances for them to point out the wrongs. But hey, it's the monsters I'm talking about.