I shrugged, "I don't know, I think it's kinda cute."

"....you do?" He asked.

"Yeah, I do."

"Well," he began, his voice suddenly becoming tinged with an even more obvious twang, "Enough about me, what about you? What are your interests? What's your zodiac sign?"

"First of all, I'm a Capricorn," I snorted, trying to hold in my laughter from the way he asked, "Um....my interests are dancing, you already know that - cooking, watching Sally Jessy Raphael, playin' basketball - "

"Hold up," he interrupted me, "You ball?"

I crossed my arms across my chest, "I do a little somethin'."

"Right."

"What, you think I'm lying?"

"I didn't say all that, I'm just wondering how much of a something you think do," he said, and I let out a laugh.

"Oh, it ain't a think, it's a know. Just like I know I could break your ankles, no problem," I said as a waiter brought our shakes to the table.

"Wow," he dragged out, pulling his vanilla shake towards him, "That's a bold statement. But how much you willing bet on that?"

I stuck my straw inside my shake, taking a sip and letting out a 'mm'.

"I'll bet whatever you want me to bet, Mr. Dalvin," I replied nonchalantly.

He seemed to think for a minute before a smile grew onto his handsome features. "I'll tell you what - when are you off from work?"

I thought for a quick second, "Next Friday."

"Alright, remember that basketball court we passed on the way to the movies? Meet me there on Friday, at 1 o'clock. If I win, you gotta go on another date with me," he said, and I raised an eyebrow.

"And what if I win?" I questioned. He shrugged before motioning towards me.

"That's up to you."

I tapped my chin with my forefinger. "If I win....you have to introduce me to Heavy D."

He stuck out his hand and we shook each other's hands, a smirk on my face as I watched him drink his milkshake.

"Now what you lookin' at me like that for?" He asked.

"I'm just thinkin' about the look that's gonna be on your face when I get over there on Friday," I said, smug.

"Whatever," he said, shaking his head.

"What makes you so confident, huh? Don't tell me you were on the varsity team in high school or something."

"I wasn't, but I ain't no chump with it either. You'll see," he said, and I rolled my eyes.

"Anyways, how long have y'all been with Uptown?" I asked, curious.

"About a year, not very long. De just suddenly got this idea to come up here, and I wasn't doing much anyway, except sit around the house," he said.