3

George and Paul clambered into the car that was waiting for them, waving goodbye to Mal as he closed the door behind them and started walking away. The car started moving once the two men were settled in their seats and George watched the scenery outside of the vehicle blur.

"You sure you're alright pal?" Paul asked, concern beginning to show on his face.

"Well, I dunno. It's the ring y'know?" George replied.

"The ring...? Oh! The mood ring? What about it?"

"Okay, y'know how there are colours for each mood?" George sighed when Paul nodded in response. "Turquoise is for crushing, remember?"

"So? What's that got to do with anything?"

"Well, that's where the problem is." George squirmed in his seat, afraid to admit what was really going on. "I think...I think Ringo likes me. Not in the friendly way, in the uh...more than friendly way."

"Does he really? That's adorable! Do you feel the same or is this why it's a problem?"

"Yeah, I feel the same. I just dunno what to do, what if it was wrong? It got John's wrong so...could've happened to Rings." George hung his head in shame.

"Oi, what if I helped you? Y'know, to see if the ring was right?"

"Would you really?" George's head perked up immediately and a smile broke out onto his face. "Wait, what do you mean by help?"

"Y'know, flirt with you and stuff to see if he gets jealous. That sort of thing should work." Paul replied nonchalantly.

"What about John? Y'know what he's like when he gets jealous. I'd like to keep this pretty face mate."

"Relax, I'll tell him what's going on. Maybe he can help too...?"

"No, just you can help." George grimaced, knowing fully well what John was like and not trusting him with something like this in the slightest.

"Alright, alright. So, just follow my lead. Okay?" Paul asked as the car began to slow down, the familiar studio building coming into view and screams could be heard by the fans surrounding it.

George nodded, gripping the door handle and readying himself. Once the car has stopped he flung the door open and raced out towards the building, not stopping incase the screaming fans broke loose and tore him to shreds.

The two men sprinted towards a waving Brian, ducking their heads from the cameras flashing around them. They made it into the building and followed Brian to the studio, desperately trying to catch their breath.

"Alright boys?" Brian asked as Paul and George joined John and Ringo in the studio. "Does everyone know what we're working on today?"

"Ah! I know this one! Pick me Eppy, pick me!!" John jumped from his seat and waved his hand in the air frantically.

"Yes John?" Brian rolled his eyes as he played along. "What's the answer?"

"We're working on the album today, aren't we lads?" John turned around to the others and grinned as they nodded in response.

"Great! So all you get set up and I'll be back to take you to the party later. Please don't get your suits dirty, there's a chance you won't be able to change." Brian said as he walked over to the door of the studio. "And John? Please behave."