Chapter 20

Josh’s POV (Read author’s note at the end)

“Hey mom”

“Joshua” She looked so stiff and unreal, when dad left her she became this fake annoying bitch.

“Um..Delia you remember my mom” Delia had stayed quiet ever sense she found out about the vasovagal syncope.

“Yea I remember her,” She said quietly

“Jessica will be eating dinner with us tonight” Angela (Delia’s mom) said.

“Awesome’’ Delia said sarcastically witch made me laugh.  “Well if you don’t mind mom I will give you some time to catch up with Jessica” Delia said pulling me back with her as she walked away.

“You ok?” I asked her as she slowly sat on the floor.

“No” She leaned forward and hugged her knees and rested her head down.

“What’s wrong?”

“I can’t believe that I have vasovagal syncope, it’s just shocking”

“Delia you know that it doesn’t define who you are”

“I know but it sure doesn’t help having this”

“Well build a bridge and get over it”

She pulled a pack of cigarettes out of her dresser drawer and pulled a lighter out of her pocket. “I can’t believe my mom” She lit a cigarette and started smoking.

“And I can’t believe your smoking”

“Why? I smoke all the time”

“Well you shouldn’t”

“What happened to the guy who used to smoke more then Rob and I combined?”

“He realized what was happening to him.”

“And that would be?”