Chapter 2: Detention

happy pride month!! i just want to say to all my lgbt+ readers, whether you are closeted or out or anywhere in between, you are valid, you don't need to prove your sexuality to anyone (including yourself), you matter, you are beautiful, and you are important. i hope you have a great pride month! be proud of who you are and stay safe  ❤️💛💚💙💜💗🌈🏳️‍🌈

=====================

Chapter 2: Detention

"Honey, I'm homeeeeee," Devon called out as he entered the front door. I playfully rolled my eyes. I wiped my hands on the towel beside me before meeting him in the foyer.

"You don't need to say that every time you come home from work," I chuckled and wrapped my arms around his waist, my head resting on his chest.

"I know," he smiled down at me, his arms hugging me tightly.

"You're adorable." I took a moment to just smile at him. "Now, you go change, I just finished cooking dinner."

"Ouu, what did you make?" He asked as he took off his shoes. I helped him out of his jacket and hung it up in the closet for him.

"Spaghetti and meatballs."

"Mmm, thanks, honey," he leant down and pressed a chaste kiss on my lips. "I'll be back down in a minute."

"Okay," I smiled at him as he hurried up the stairs.

I went back to the kitchen to set up the table. I put a serving of spaghetti on each plate and placed it on either end of the table. I opened a glass of red wine and poured them into two cups. And just as I placed two forks beside each plate, Devon came into the kitchen. 

"You were fast," I noted with a smile as we took a seat on the chairs.

"Well I did say it was going to be a minute," he smiled at me. "And what's the special occasion?" He said as he raised his cup of wine. 

"Oh, there's none. I just felt like having a cup." I picked mine up too so we can clink our glasses together.

"Your kids were that bad today?" He joked making me laugh.

"They were really chatty but they weren't that bad." Now was Devon's turn to laugh. I smiled at him and immediately took a sip of wine, loving the way it slid down my throat. "How was work?"

"Oh, nothing new. Same old. But a person did come in the bank saying that he was supposed to have more money in his account and accused us of stealing some," he rolled his eyes, not impressed. I, on the other hand, was amused as I put a forkful of spaghetti in my mouth. "It took us a good twenty minutes for us to figure it out. Turned out his granddaughter was the one who kept stealing his card to buy things."

"How old is he?" I lightly laughed, my hand covering my mouth.

"Eighty."

"Ohh. Maybe he doesn't check his statements properly?"

"Maybe, I don't know," he laughs. "In all my years of working in a bank, I have never had someone come up to me with that problem before. But how was your day?" He asked and took a sip of wine.

"It was okay. I'm pretty tired though. For some reason, they just really did not want to do work today so I just gave them a lot of free time in the afternoon."

"You should sleep early tonight then."

"Oh, I will." I automatically said very enthusiastically and drank more of the wine.

We finished our dinner and had left the dishes in the sink for now. As Devon went to the living room to turn on the TV, I took out a tub of ice cream from the freezer along with two bowls from the cupboard.