Chapter 12: Awkward

in this chapter when i'm talking about harry wearing a floral shirt, it's the one he's wearing in the gif (it's hard to describe the pattern so yeah lol)

==========================

Chapter 12: Awkward

I woke up with a panic. I bolted upwards into a sitting position with my eyes wide open and my lungs gasping with air. I couldn't stop my heart from beating out of my chest. That was one of the most awful dreams I've ever had in a long while.

"Fucking hell," I let out a slow exhale and closed my eyes.

I knew that was going to happen. I knew I was bound to have a dream like that. It was inevitable ever since the dinner, but that didn't mean I was ever going to be prepared for it. I continued taking deep breaths to calm my heart and my body but I was having a hard time trying to shake the feeling of watching Olivia and Harry get married right in front of my eyes.

In my dream, it was a very cold winter day. I remembered feeling so cold to the point where I was literally frozen to the ground and unable to move my body, forced to witness something that I didn't particularly want to watch. It was also snowing a lot. Harry looked handsome as ever with his hair nicely styled and a fitted, classy black suit. But as soon as Olivia walked down the aisle, everyone's eyes were immediately drawn to her. She wore a floor-length pure black dress with a long train and a bouquet of rotten flowers in her hands. She had a gentle smile on her face as she locked eyes with Harry. I glanced at Harry too and noticed he was looking back at Olivia with teary eyes and a soft smile. And when my eyes went back to Olivia, she was staring right at me, her smile turning into an evil smirk.

I shook my head side to side to shake myself out of reliving that nightmare. I had goosebumps on my arms and a shiver ran up my spine. The thought of being frozen to the ground and unable to talk just terrified me to the core.

I got up from my bed and just as I stretched my arms up above me, my phone rang. Harry's name was on the screen. It took me a second to refrain myself from imagining him in that black suit.

"Morning, Harry."

"Good morning, Benny. What's up?" Harry replied back slowly. I noticed that his voice was a lot raspier than usual.

"Nothing much, just woke up," I said as I sat back down on the side of my bed. "You?"

"Same," Harry chuckled. "Are you excited for today?"

"I am. I'm excited to see my parents and some of my friends that I haven't seen in a while—like Maya Preston."

"Oh, Maya! I know her!"

"I know you do," I laughed lightly before falling silent.

"But..." Harry said to make me continue on my train of thought. I let out a sigh. "Oh, don't you sigh at me, Bentley. I could hear it in your voice, I know there's a 'but' statement coming."

"Of course you do." I sighed again.

"If you're stressed, you're not doing this yourself. You have me and I'll help you set up and prepare food."

"I know I do. It's not that..." I lay down on my bed and stared up at my white ceiling. "It's just a bit awkward, you know. Like with my friends coming since all they know is that I moved into an apartment and I'm not with Devon anymore. They think it's just because it didn't work out between us and I'm sure they still have a lot of questions that I don't want to answer just yet."

"I'm sure they won't ask you. They understand that it's a touchy subject to talk about and it's a tough time for you right now. That's why they're coming today, to support a friend." I stayed silent for a few moments to register what Harry said.