Feelings

The group were all sat in the control centre of the QAN, watching a message that had been transmitted to them from Housten. 

"Hi, this message is directed to the members of the Amor Fabula II Mission. We have successfully sent up a second supply capsule, which shall include the parts needed for the repair of the engine. We have also transmitted instructions explaining how to complete this procedure. We all hope you are doing well."

The message had been transmitted from Harrison Wells, the head of all missions regarding the QAN. He had also been the one to guide the three through their training, so it was nice to see a message from him. They had now been living on the space station for a week, having gotten fairly settled in. They had fully explored the ship, Cisco having spent a lot of his spare time in the storage compartment, exploring the many spare parts and materials kept there. So far he had made many things, being the nerdy mechanical engineer that he was, including a lightsaber, a strange laser beam that highly resembled a proton pack, a display-use only flux-capacitor, and so on.

The three had been sat in the control centre for around two hours now, Caitlin sat at a desk working with the hologram of the station, displaying its analytics and small pop-ups giving details on each specific part, and any repairs or maintenance needed to be done to it. Barry, on the other hand, was working on locating the resources needed for the main repair, mainly by creating a live tracker for the capsule that was currently headed their way. Cisco, on the other hand, had just finished tinkering with one of the main computers.

"Hey guys, I am going to go to the storage facility to find some parts to finish this, see you guys in a few minutes," Cisco said before walking out of the room, leaving both Barry and Caitlin together.

Barry had just finished the work he was doing, however, he decided to stay sat down quietly for a bit, just relaxing after the work he had just completed. He looked over at Caitlin, who was still working away. He couldn't help but noticed that she looking really nice today, however, he tried his best to discard that thought. He also felt that the pair had developed quite a bond over the past few days, and considering that they didn't get on particularly great before the mission, he really felt that things had changed quite a lot over the course of this mission, and admittedly he really enjoyed Caitlin's company. She really did make him happy whenever she was around him, and as of recent, she appeared to like his company as well. They had spent quite a lot of time together since they had arrived here, so they had had a lot of time to get to know one another. She had also seemed to trust him, which made him quite happy. One thing that he couldn't help crossing his mind was the way he felt about Caitlin. He had never really had strong feelings for anyone else before, so because of this he wasn't exactly sure how he felt or why he did feel that way, but he knew he felt somewhat strongly for her. Again, despite the previous time he spent with her, where the pair didn't exactly get along, as of recent days he had really grown to forget those times and just focus on the present, and Caitlin had really started to seem as if she enjoyed his presence, which made him enjoy hers just as much. If there was one solid fact that he did know, it was that he felt quite strongly for her.

Caitlin was sat at the desk, also having just finished her work, however, she was pretending to continue just so Barry didn't ask any questions about what she was currently doing because at the moment she was somewhat lost in thought. She knew that she really shouldn't be, however over the past few days she had been thinking a lot about Barry. Despite the way she had treated him prior to the mission, over time she had really grown to like him. He was always so nice to her, and despite never really feeling strongly about anyone else before this mission, she certainly felt something. He really did seem to care about her, respecting her problems and troubles, and just being there for her whenever she needed it. This was something she really appreciated, something that made her care about him just as much as he seemed to care about her.

As she returned to her senses, she realised that she had unintentionally been trapped in a gaze with Barry, embarrasingly looking away, looking back at the computer.

"Are you doing okay?" Barry asked out of nowhere.

"Yeah, you?"

"Good thanks,"

"So, what are you doing?" Barry asked out of curiosity.

"Oh, I'm just... I'm, um, just checking the analytics. How about you?"

"I've just finished, I was going to head to the station's observatory, and do some research on the constellations. I thought that it may just be a fun activity to pass time, I was wondering if you want to come as well?"

"Um, yeah okay, sure," Caitlin said, sounding slightly nervous, following him through the doorway.

As they entered the doorway, they buckled themselves in, riding the elevator up. As the lapse in gravity occurred, Caitlin grabbed hold of Barry's arm from shock, for some reason not expecting the lapse as she was still slightly lost in thought.

As they walked into the observatory, the lights turned themselves on as a giant holographic image of many stars appeared around them. 

"Woah, I haven't been in here before, this is incredible," Caitlin said, looking around her at this hologram of stars, solar systems, planets, etcetera all around them, in surprisingly good detail. 

"Gideon, show us our solar system," Barry said, as the hologram zoomed in on their specific solar system, creating an incredibly detailed image. 

"Isn't it great?"

"Yeah, it is."

Just like the many times before, they had an incredible view of the Earth and Moon, both of them sitting down looking out the window as images of constellations appeared all around them in a holographic fashion.

"Did you know, the Earth's moon used to have a name before we resorted to simply calling it 'The Moon'."

"Really? What was it?"

"It was originally named Lunar, hence the phrase 'Lunar Eclipse'."

"Huh, that's interesting," Caitlin replied with a smile, turning to face Barry as they continued looking out into space in front of them.

"You know, ever since you gave me that advice a few days ago, I have really grown to love this view," Caitlin said with a smile.

"It truly is incredible, isn't it," he replied, as the hologram around them continued to change to create quite a nice atmosphere throughout the room. Caitlin slowly started to shuffle towards Barry, as they both watched a smaller satellite move past the window, orbiting the Earth at a much faster speed than the QAN. It didn't take long for Caitlin to resort to resting her head on Barry's shoulder, both of them feeling fairly tired after a day's work. As they did this, the hologram changed yet again to the Orion constellation, one of the most famous out there.

"Look, you can actually see Orion from here," Barry said, pointing to an area to the right of Earth, where to famous three aligned stars were visible in the plain of darkness they were presented with, making a nice little glow within the blackness. Barry slowly lay his head on top of Caitlin's as they sat and watched the amazing view.