Life

Similarly to the day prior, Caitlin found herself coming to her senses as she flickered her eyes open, to see herself lay in Barry's arms in his bed, both of them having changed into their PJ's after finally leaving the pool the day before, continuing to snuggle up in bed together, clearly having fallen asleep in one another's arms. She had her hand placed on his chest with his arm around her, her face buried in Barry's neck. Not wanting to leave this position, she continued to lay there, tangling herself up in his arms ever so slightly more as he lay there sleeping, Caitlin resting her eyes by closing them in his grip. However, it wasn't so long until Barry too woke up, seeing Caitlin curled up in a ball beside him, making him smile at the adorable sight of her. 

"Good Morning Cait," he said softly, causing her to look up at him and smile back, slowly breathing in and then out again, crawling up to Barry's level, before giving him a quick peck on the lips.

"Hey," she replied in the same tone of voice that he had previously, with a nice soft voice. She took a hold of Barry's hand as the pair stood up together, heading out of the room and into the corridor. Not being able to help themselves, the pair broke into a passionate make-out session in the hallway, wrapping their arms around one another as they did so, pulling the other in closer. This continued for a few minutes before Caitlin eventually pulled her head back, wrapping her arms around Barry's neck.

"I'm going to go and take a shower, do you want to join me?" Caitlin said in a teasing sort of tone, Barry simply smiling and nodding. Caitlin took hold of his hand as they both stumbled into the bathroom, interlocking their mouths, tongues meeting as they broke into a small make-out session, shedding their clothes through the bedroom and into the bathroom as they eventually both backed into the shower, fumbling with the lever in the shower, sending the spurt of water falling down and trickling down their bodies as they continued to remain in the kiss that they were locked in, the warm water allowing for a pleasant experience together.

-------------------------------------------------

Not too long after the pair had emerged from the bathroom, now fully dressed and both entering the living quarters. It was eerily quiet on the QAN, Cisco not being anywhere to be seen to make lots of the noise he so often did. They explored the majority of the wing to no avail, so as a result presumed that he was still asleep, so they both cuddled up on the sofa to wait for him to awake. They sat in their usual position, Barry cuddled up next to her with his arm wrapped around her, her head buried in his shoulder, their hands interlocked. It really did bring happiness to the pair, butterflies fluttering around their stomachs just from the feeling of being pressed up against the other. It was something they had never really been able to experience before this, and now they could it was really something which they appreciated, enjoyed, smiled at.

As they were doing this, a loud static noise started to occur through the COMMS, before Cisco's voice started to speak.

"Umm... Guys... Code Green, Code Green in the labs. Not too much of an emergency, but, well, to be honest, it is. I need you guys up here now!" He shouted through the speakers before they abruptly turned off.

"Oh  my..." Barry trailed off under his breath, realising what this all meant, standing up, his hand still interlocked with Caitlin's.

"Barry? What does this mean? What is code green?"

The pair looked at each other in the eyes, an image of curiosity clearly visible in Barry',s and fear in Caitlin's.

"Code Green? Code Green is part of Cisco's made up emergency codes list. Code Green means... well...

Extra-terrestrial life."

-------------------------------------------------  

The couple ran up to the command ring, scanning their retinas to get access to the labs, both speeding into the room seeing Cisco stood at the other end, in a full lab coat and safety goggles.

"Guys, suit up," he said, sounding quite paranoid. Both Barry and Caitlin threw on a coat and some goggles, before running over to Cisco, who was currently stood in front of a small glass vat, looking at what was inside.

"What is it?" Barry asked curiously, looking somewhat nervous as he said so.

"Well, I was investigating the meteor that hit this station, threw it under the microscope and discovered, well, something was hidden inside it. This. At first, I simply assumed that it was a bacteria from Earth or something, considering then it was made up of only around 100 cells or so. I ran it through the database and, well, there was no match. Not minutes later, it suddenly grew much larger, rapidly creating new cells and now, it is about to size of a tennis ball, with limb-span being taken into consideration."

They both looked in front of them, to see a small, pure white organism, consisting of a core with many strands of white coming off from it forming 'limbs' of some description. At the end of the limbs were small things that somewhat resembled suction cups, similar to that of an octopus or a squid. It didn't appear to have any other features, the organism simply being taken up of only these strands of substance.

"It is made up of around 30 percent brain cells and 70 percent muscle. It is amazingly strong for its size and appearance, much stronger now than a well-trained adult human. I have given these details back to Earth, they said they are looking into it as we speak," Cisco said, seeing the organism move around in the container it was kept in.

"What are we going to do about it?" Caitlin asked.

"Well, I'm not one hundred percent sure, but I have decided to monitor it for a few more days, most importantly not let it break free. This is an extra-terrestrial being, we have absolutely no idea what may happen if it breaks free," he exclaimed, all three now staring at it, fumbling around in its cell.

"Well, now you have seen it, you can go back to doing whatever you were doing. I will call you two lovebirds up instantly if anything happens," Cisco said, looking the two in the eyes.

"Okay, sure thing, keep an eye on it though,"

"Sure thing,"

The pair walked out of the room, both now deep in thought over the fact that extra-terrestrial life had been discovered, however, it wasn't long after that they found themselves back in Barry's bedroom, and not long after that that they took their minds off of the whole life thing as they embraced one another in a passionate kiss, arms entangled around each other, falling back onto the bed as they did so, still hooked by the kiss. 

They spent the rest of the night in their make-out session, however, a lot escalated after that, enjoying some time together as they always did, despite the number of times it happened, they still loved every moment of every time, butterflies fluttering through their stomachs just like the morning before. Just like every time.