7

Accidental Love Making

"Right! Remember he took the plea deal and all that so..." I take a deep breath of air to refill my lungs. The thought of what happened last month doesn't linger in my mind too much. Since Alexis asked, I'm now mentally reliving it all. "You know he's been doing his community service."

De was pulled over for speeding– is that really surprising, though? The officer who pulled him over was his homeboy's older brother, Roman. Roman wasn't going to book his ass but he says his partner's a snitch. To save everyone, he barely checked the car but still booked De and made him pay bail. With him being in the middle of handling gun charges, the bail was raised. I don't think he knows how lucky he is, if you ask me.

Alexis groans into the phone. "Tell my boy to get his shit together!"

Giggling with my legs swing from left to right. "He's in the shower right now. I'll tell you when he gets out."

"And what's up with that thing from April with him and K?" Alexis had jumped into the conversation face first and she's diving deep. "I was doing some blue prints and this Humpty Dumpty built bitch who was working the desk was trying to call my boys rapist and pervs. You know what I did right," She asks into the phone already knowing that I knew exactly what she did.

I cry out, "You can't keep cursing everybody out because they say something you don't like!" Sliding off the counter, I open up the drawer in search of a spoon. "You need to read a new book. Are you reading anything new?" My eyes quickly scan my options. I can feel myself putting too much thought into which spoon I hope to use to enjoy a chocolate pudding cup.

"Yeahhhhhh, The Art of Peer Pressure." I can hear the hidden geek-worthy excitement in her leaking out of her voice.

Listening to her go into detail of the book, I keep the phone tightly secured in my neck since opening a pudding cup is technically a two hand job. Usually a hand job only takes one hand, ha! ....Too corny for you? As I expected.

These paltry portions rationed off by the companies really do annoy me. I know you muthafuckas is cheap but can I pretty please get my full cup filled with pudding? If not, may I please have a larger cup then? We have to make this happen. I am so tired of–

"Who you on the phone with?" A shirtless De asks stepping into the kitchen in sweats and socks. Still listening to my best friend, I hold up a finger with my spoon hanging out of my mouth as a sign that he has to wait for me to finish. He smacks his lips stepping away from me. Small droplets of water still trickle down his forehead, neck, back... and of course, those ears. "You better hurry up. We got shit to do and yo' ass ain't dressed."

Alexis pauses, "Is that DeVante?" Her tone rises with her interest.

I retort back fiercely firing back, "Nigga, you not dressed either!"

"It don't take me no thirty, forty minutes to get dressed!" Damn, he got me and he knew it. He ignorantly picks up my zebra cake off of the counter top, even though it sits directly beside my thigh, and opens it to take a first bite. When he catches my deathly glare staring deeply into the side of his face, he cluelessly looks up. "What," He asks with a mouthful of the snack. "I was making sure the shit ain't spoiled or somethin'. It's not so.... huh," De hands me back snack, his hands run along the side of his gray colored sweats in efforts to keep away any stick residue and/or crumbs. "Gimmie the phone– Lemme talk to Alexis."

My nose scrunches up, "No!"

"Let me talk to him," Alexis shouts in the receiver.

"C'mon, I ain't seen her since that fight. " Oooooh, girl. Round 1 with Alexis and Mary was hype as hell but Round 2 didn't even go into full effect and it was already wilder than the first time. "While you playin' you can jiggle that ass up them stairs. Gone and get ready, Nel!" Do you see how he pins it all on me?