5

Recaps & Regrets

Okay, this was bound to happen. I sigh loudly watching Buffy gather up her information that I'd given her. I don't know if she's genuinely confused or only wants to keep repeating the events in efforts of angering me.

"You had an argument, you were drunk and now you have to sit here and look him in the face a whole two hours because you signed on to direct a music video?" Buffy laughs as the car gets closer to the office where the meeting will be held.

I nod my head. "Fourty percent of a half a million dollar budget for a music video? You'd do it too."

That is outrageous! They really wanted me to do this.

An ideal outcome of my situation would be to never see De ever again in life. Years later, we'll bump into each other and we'll wonder if the other was the one who got away. That's not how life works as you can see. I'm on my way to see him right now.

"You ready to see the girl who called?" I ask Buffy as we walk into the building. My cousin Lenny is quietly observing the situation as Mike and Ike keep everyone tightly secured. Us three keep our eyes peeled as we get closer and closer to the front desk. "Here she go right here...."

My reduced entourage of the day steps up to the counter. A young Kim twirls around in her seat to greet us. "Welcome to–"

"You don't have to say it every time." I laugh knowingly as to what she had rehearsed to greet us with. "What floor?"

Kim's eyes roll around in confusion. "What floor is what?"

"What floor is the Jodeci meeting," I politely ask.

She leans over to look on the agenda. "Floor seventeen." A wicked twitch of her eye looks strong enough to annihilate the entire human population. Who pissed in her coffee pot this morning?

"Thanks."

As we all emerge into the elevator, I hear Buffy throw out a statement. "You're so nice to her." You can hear the disbelief in her tone.

Yeah, I'm being nice to her. She didn't know that he was mine so I told her. Besides, I doubt we're together anyway. Which is shitty because it's only been two months and I've already made a god damn fool of myself. I have the habit of doing that whenever I am drunk. We all know that.

Just as we all knew what that liquid courage would do to me. That same courage is how I ended up in my current situation.

"She didn't know so I informed her. It's over. I don't fight over men." I sigh as the elevator dings signifying our destination is now met. My stomach churns as we step out of the elevator. "It doesn't matter anymore..."

We enter the conference room filled with many, many chairs. It takes about two months for an album to be fully ready to distribute. Month one usually consists of planning and finalizing. Well, these boys are pretty unorthodox and with a man like De being the head of the team, everything becomes all too easy. Now, we're here. Planning the first video shoot of the album... though they do not know what the first single is.

Twiddling my nails aimlessly, my feet gravitate toward the snacks table. I hadn't eaten in two days. I've been too busy biting my nails off and ripping out my hair, all because I can't bare the idea of seeing him face to face after my dramatic ass exit.

Stomping out like this was some Chick-Flick expecting him to chase after me? Chanel, have you lost your damn mind? That's how you know I was fucked up... because I fucked up. It's embarrassing! Almost as embarrassing as the time I got drunk and tried to have sex with my best friend or maybe the time I was feelin' Pac and he straight up rejected me.