Chapter 25

Shadow exited the dorm without bothering to close the door back after himself. He walked down the stairs in a hurry eager to bring the boy to his boss.
Everything has gone so smoothly and he felt ecstatic.
Shadow expected his task to be a little more challenging seeing that it wasn't the first time the kid had gone missing but it looked like they hadn't learned a thing. So stupid. Their security lacked so much.
Before reaching his car he had the misfortune to run into a woman but he was a professional, he didn't panic and just started acting.
The elderly woman's eyes widened seeing the unconscious boy.
"Oh my god! What are you doing with him? Is he okay?" She laid her hand over her chest trying to calm herself.
Shadow morphed his expression into a scared one and using the same tone of voice he started talking.
"My son just fainted, I need to bring him to the hospital."
His acting convinced the woman because she nodded her head in understandment and moved away to let him pass.
"Please be careful." She called after him. "I hope the poor child will be okay."
"Let's hope he will be."
The woman blinked in astonishment. Was that a smirk she had seen?
No, maybe it was just her imagination surely he won't be smiling knowing that his son was in danger.

After laying Taehyung on the passenger seat of his car and buckling the seatbelt securely around him Shadow took his seat and drove away not forgetting to wave at the woman.
The poor woman was left dumbfounded at his strange behavior.

Jin and Jungkook were at the mall walking from a shop to another. Jungkook felt anxious for some reason and also annoyed with his hyung for dragging him around and making him carry his bags.
"Jin hyung, please let's go home." The maknae begged.
"One last stop and I promise you that we will get back at the dorm." He replied but then suddenly squalled when he saw something cute inside a shop.
Jungkook mentality face palmed and decided to wait for the boy outside of the said store. Glancing around tiredly he noticed something that captured his attention. It was a delicious looking cake covered with strawberries and chocolate flakes; Taehyung's favorite.
He smiled at the image of Tae that flashed inside his head, a cute Taehyung with rosy cheeks and whipped cream smeared on his nose from his messy way of eating. Totally one of the most adorable thing ever.
The decision was already made, he would buy it and give it to his hyung to see him happy.
Seeing that Jin was taking forever to get out he took advantage of the time and walked into the pastry shop without forgetting to send a message to the older boy to inform him of his whereabouts. Jungkook didn't want to risk to have his hyung call the guards and form a searching party just because he wasn't at the same place anymore.
After acquiring the cake he left the shop feeling content.
When he spotted Seokjin the older was waving at him like an excited kid.
"Kookie, what did you get?" He asked eyeing the box that Jungkook was so carefully carrying.
"A little surprise for Tae."
"It's a pretty good idea, I bet he would be really happy."
"Hyung, let's go back home, I'm tired."
"Yeah, okay but first we need to stop by at the studio to get the rest of the boys too."
They were quick to reach the car and part, Jungkook couldn't wait anymore to see Taehyung.
Luckily for Jungkook when they arrived at the studio the rappers were already waiting for them outside. Yoongi though was dozing of against the building's wall but the other two dragged him inside the car where he fell asleep immediately.

Back at the dorm Jin parked the van at his usual spot and made the younger boys take his shopping bags inside for him. Everyone groaned and obeyed except Yoongi, he wasn't going to let someone order him around.

Namjoon was the first one to walk up the stairs and enter their building, it was a small apartment complex but there was no one living there apart from them.
Stepping inside the hall he noticed the wide open door of their dorm. He started having a really bad feeling, his insides felt like someone was squeezing them.
"Guys!" He called with a shaky voice stopping in his tracks. "Some..something is not right."
Yoongi glanced at the door too and his blood ran cold, his sleepiness forgotten.