Chapter 36

Spending time in my room quickly gets boring, especially when I have nothing to do. I kind of hope that Braden and Rory already have their talk or they moved to her room, at least. 

I decide to quietly check out, but I almost sigh out in desperation when I see them still in the kitchen and now Rory is sitting on top of my brother. 

I still go into the kitchen in hopes for them to notice me by themselves, taking a butter knife out of the drawer. Because a girl's gotta eat, even though there are two lovers in my kitchen, expressing their love to each other. 

But then I suddenly hear my brother's grunt behind me and Rory's moan. "I swear to God if you two start undressing, I'm stabbing you!"

Rory shrieks. I have my hand over my eyes, holding out the hand that has the butter knife in my hand.

"Where did you get that?" Rory asks breathlessly with a low voice.

I spread my fingers on my face and peek through them to make sure they're both still presentable and have clothes on. I drop my hand down in relief. "Comes in handy, doesn't it?" I comment, absently looking at the small knife, not really knowing what would someone do with that thing.

Braden snorts. "Brooke, you couldn't even hurt a hamster with that thing."

Rory bursts out laughing while I send a glare in Braden's direction, holding the knife up to him, shoving it at his face as I speak, "Watch it, brother. I'm still very angry with you." 

"And you," I turn my eyes to Rory, along with the knife. Rory leans back in surprise, almost falling off Braden, but he catches her in time, wrapping his arms around her. "You betrayed me." 

"Christ, Brooke, put that away before you really hurt someone," Braden says, staring at me with a hard look. 

Rory has a wounded look on her face. "How did I betray you?" she cries out.

I roll my eyes and sigh for dramatic effect. "You people are so stupid when you're in love. I'd rather shoot myself in the face than act like you do," I mutter to no one in particular, sitting down across them.

Rory raises her eyebrows. "What about Aaron?" she asks.

Yes. Good question. What about him?

Braden beats me before I'm able to answer by grunting lowly, "You're still with that asshole?"

I knew that their 'truce' thing was too good to be true. "Oh, shut up, you," I retort back. "At least he didn't scream hurtful words at me and then left me," I challenge him. 

Rory tenses up, as does Braden. "That was a low blow," he says quietly.

I shrug. "You deserved it." 

"Brooke, please!" Rory pleads me. "Drop it."

When Rory continues glaring at me, letting me know she's completely serious. I finally huff and throw my hands up in defeat. "Fine!" I exclaim.

She continues giving me a pointed stare and I stare back at her, dumbfounded. Rory casts her eyes to Braden and then to me. It finally dawns on me what she means and I scowled. Rory lifts her eyebrows up at me and I roll my neck, rubbing my temples. "Fine," I mutter again. I look at Braden. "I'm sorry for everything I said, but don't think I didn't mean the things I said. You fucked up royally and if you do it again and you lose the best thing that will ever happen in your life again, I'll break some bones in your body." 

Braden waves his hand at me. "Yeah, I know," he says. 

And just like that, I'm forgiven. 

"Anyone want some tea?" Rory asks.