Chapter 2

There's a knock on my door. I groan to myself a bit. ''Come in!'' I call out, not bothering to even stand up. ''It's open!''

Cory steps through the door, looking around with big eyes. ''You should be more careful who you're letting in. What if I were a robber?'' She clicks her tongue and shakes her head at me.

I roll my eyes at her. ''Okay, mother.'' I reach in the bag to take more chips out.

Cory comes closer and looks around with raised eyebrows. ''I see you haven't unpacked yet.'' She turns her eyes on me.

I shrug. ''I unpacked only essential things.''

Cory's eyes look at the couch in doubt. ''The couch?''

''Yep. And Amy and my neighbour helped to construct the bed.''

''You've been here for three days already, Brooke. And you haven't unpacked anything?'' Cory asks me with a clear disbelief.

I stop chewing the chips. ''I just told you I –''

''You only unpacked that so you can lay your lazy ass on it!'' Cory accuses, but she does it with mock irritation and I know she kind of already expected this. What can I say? I'm lazy. And I'm even proud to admit it.

''I'm not denying anything.'' I look into the bag and frown. Where did all the chips go? I couldn't have eaten all of it by now, have I? I turn the bag upside down, aiming it into my mouth so I make sure everything from the bag comes into my mouth.

This is the thing I hate about chips – they make the bags looks so big so it makes you think, wow! There's so much of it in there! and then you open it and disappointedly find out that half of the bag is filled just with air.

''Well, now it's time to get your lazy ass up. I'll help you unpack,'' Cory says enthusiastically, her brown eyes, mixed with some green, are shining from all the way she's standing.

I groan. ''Nooo,'' I moan. ''I have a rest day. My legs and butt were over-worked, thanks to Amy.''

Cory shakes her head in laughter, her messy redhead bouncing around. It kind of hits me how gorgeous best friends I actually have. Sometimes, I really feel like a potato next to them. Maybe I should take Amy up on her offer and go work out with her sometimes?

But as I move my legs a bit and the pain spreads over them, I instantly drop that thought. That's actually one of the worst ideas you have had in a while, Brooke. Bravo. You even outdid yourself with this one!

''You've rested for four days already. You can't live in this mess!'' Cory gushes, already starting to unpack the boxes.

I also realise God gave me the best best friends – or sometimes the worst. But I'll still look in this situation brightly because I'm happy they took the time and decided to come help me since I know how busy they all are.

And Damien. Let's not forget about him helping me with all the boxes, carrying them up like it's nothing – which it probably wasn't, judging by how muscular his body is. Why are there so many fit people around me?

I didn't get the chance to talk to Damien, although I desperately wanted to know more about him. Not just because he's super hot, but because I'm his new neighbour and it'd be easier to know someone from this flat complex.

But when we were finished with the boxes, Damien excused himself, saying he has got his own things to do now and he needed to go. I only got to thank him and that's all I said to him. Basically.

I stand up with a groan. After three days, I still feel that hurt in my legs. How in the hell is Amy doing this to herself willingly? And ever day!