Chapter XXXIX: New Horizon

Start from the beginning

"I really love your optimism, love. Come on, time to meet the rowdy lot." The half Brit woman blurted out while ushering the young heiress to the big open pavilion inside the resort that will serve as the hard hat team's headquarter.

The duo walked in a leisurely manner while catching up. The last few months have made them both busy so now, they're enjoying every minute of their happy reunion.

Upon reaching the open pavilion, the duo was accosted by testosterone cackles and loud cheering. Engr. Terrence Jade Leonardo was standing at the center of the group, obviously discussing some last minute reminders.

Loudly, the newcomers cleared their throats to capture the rowdy group's attention. "Good morning, gentlemen." Nancy Rankin greeted the loud tittering males.

Terrence shifted to look at the owner of the voice and his jaw almost hit the floor when he saw who they were. "Good morning, Engr. Leonardo." Sabina muttered, noticing that the kind engineer had lost his wits temporarily due to shock.

"G...good morning, ladies!" He sputtered and everyone fell silent.

Moments ago, Mike Alejo called just to inform him about the arrangement. He was told that the leisure park's CEO and her assistant will meet them this morning with the intention of working with them closely throughout the completion of the entire project so he was beyond shocked when he saw his best friend's ex fiancée and Nancy.

"Hey, TJ!" Sabina greeted him again in a friendly manner. Then she raised her gaze and darted it towards that now, quiet crowd. "Hey, guys!" She waved her hand at them while grinning widely.

The awkward silence ensued so the half Brit opened her mouth again. "Gentlemen, I want you all to meet the Sea and Sky leisure park's owner and CEO, Miss Maria Sabina Villalobos Dela Vega. Starting today we will be working closely with all of you. My friend here wanted everything made and constructed according to her plan and liking." She announced in a friendly tone.

All the occupants of the huge pavilion except for one was left speechless upon hearing the foreign woman's introduction. They all knew Sabina Dela Vega was just an ordinary employee so all of them were astounded to learn the truth.

One of the members of the group moved closer and extended his hand. "Pleasure to meet you, Miss Dela Vega. I'm Engr. Dylan Mason Madrid, I'm one of the newly hired construction consultants." The not so tall buff man mumbled as he took Sabina's hand on a firm handshake while grinning.

One could clearly see that he was smitten and drawn to the young woman. In return, the petite biologist smiled warmly. "Same here Engr. Madrid." Readily, she took note of the surname and the resemblance of the young man to Darcy Madrid.

The man's appearance screamed of his blood relation to Timothy's almost girlfriend and so, this little observation made the young heiress more guarded and a little uneasy.

Luckily, Terrence promptly barged in, hiding his astonishment about what the half Brit woman have revealed. "Hey Sab, how's it going?" He greeted her while giving her a one arm hug that stunned the young heiress in a good way.

"I'm perfectly fine, TJ. Thank you." She gave the man a light squeeze as she pulled away.

"You two, knew each other?" Dylan asked without any preamble.