Players on the board.

Beginne am Anfang

"You need lotion silly! You will burn like bacon! That's what mommy said to me and I like bacon." Avari replied.

"Well look at Little Miss Chalky!" He grinned. I couldn't hide my smile when I looked down to see Avari a shade paler from the amount I used.

"How much did mommy use on you?" He asked amused.

"A lot. But I don't want to be bacon. Here." Avari dropped my hand to retrieve the lotion from my bag.

"Oh thank you..." Zak smiled taking it before looking at me. "Would you?"

"To save arguments, I think you can do it, for your back? Maybe ask Holly." I answered holding back my grumble.

"I'm not touching that stuff, I want to be a mahogany sunset! I don't want an uneven tan because I had to put that on you!" She complained from across the garden.

"So I'm gonna burn." He concluded holding it out again.

I grunted and snatched the bottle making him grin. "Wanna rub it on my chest?" He teased.

"Would you like it in your mouth and eyes too?" I questioned popping the cap.

"You wouldn't be so cruel.."

I rolled my eyes and put a load into my hand slapping it across his back causing him to hiss.

"Jesus! Couldn't you have warmed it up first!" He complained.

"Stop being a baby. Do your chest." I retorted setting off on an adventure with my hand and his forever broad back.

I ran my hands over the muscles feeling them shift under my touch. Every fibre in my body worked to stop my mind delving into old memories of when I used to mark his skin with my nails or even teeth from the moments we were together..

I paused momentarily worried in case he could hear my thoughts, worried in case I had thought any of it aloud.

"What's wrong?" Zak asked trying to look over his shoulder at me.

"Nothing. T-turn the other way." I complained making him grunt and face the opposite way. Taking the bottle from the seat beside me I applied more... Yes even more.

I did his arms and the very backs of them knowing full well how painful sun burn there can be. I also did his neck and the edges of his ears making him smirk.

"Well I didn't think you cared so much." He teased turning once I was happy.

"I could have let you burn, but then I'd miss all the pain for when you go away." I replied bopping a small dollop on his nose.

"Hey."

"Nose as well, or it will get burnt and peel. Done your elbows and knees?"

He frowned "Christ Lettie you're getting a bit over the top."

"Fine. Don't cry to me when you get burnt.. Or when you smell your skin burning."

"Like bacon!" Avari cheered tossing the ball for Gracie.

"Good throw!" I praised making her grin.