Snippet

My thoughts had been mulling over a passage in my book when Zak's body began shuddering. Watching him carefully, I placed the book down and observed him jolting and panting at the air whilst his head snapped to the side.

I got up and moved to his side, pushing my butt on a small section of the couch, I brushed his hair back.

"Come on easy.." I whispered holding my hand to the side of his face. "Hush.."

After a few more struggled grunts and convulsions, his body fell limp as his breathing turned heavy again. Satisfied that he was settled, I went to move back when his hand clamped down on my wrist making me gasp.

"Don't. Don't leave me." He whispered cracking open an eye to look at me.

"Hey.." I whispered.

"Lay with me Lettie. Please?"

"Za..-"

"Please?" He begged making me submit to his question. I positioned myself on the couch almost hanging off the edge when Zak pulled me onto his body. I wanted to move, insist that it was a terrible idea. But I found myself cuddling into the large muscular frame without complaint.

Our bodies were flush together, held in a compromising position so much so that if one part of his body awoke now, I would know about it. My face went to the small section of his neck, enticed for comfort and desperate for the cologne that he had sprayed, I burrowed my face in. My hands on his chest as my legs laid between his.

"This has to be comfortable for you." I mumbled, suddenly realising how selfish it was of me to get comfortable when he wasn't.

"As long as you don't knee my balls, we are completely fine." He answered.

"I won't... I hope."

"And as for being comfortable..." His hand went under his hoody gently grazing across my back.

"Take it off." He mumbled.

"Zak..."

"I- fine." He huffed.

My problem, was that I liked to please him, call it the assistant in me, but if he was happy then so was I. Sitting up I took off his hoody causing his eyes to widen at how little I had on under it. One sports bra that looked full.

"Stop looking at me like that." I sighed causing him to blanch.

"I- damn. Just lay down for crying out loud." He put his hand over his eyes hiding them.

I giggled "Are you staring?"

"No but my eyes are."

I went to lay down when I paused, "phone?"

"Why worried it might vibrate and you'll get excited?" He teased.

So I punched him in the gut making him humph. Whilst he tossed it onto the table, I lifted his top and began undoing his belt.

"Lett?" He questioned.

"Oh keep your hair on. I'm not gonna ravish you. But that belt buckle will dig into me no end."

I yanked it off with a lift of his hips and put it aside. He grinned and held his arms out like the old times. I didn't have any grace when I slumped down on him and got back into position.

His fingers floated along my skin gently relaxing my body into his, sheeting across his skin like a second skin.

"Sorry about earlier. The kitchen."

He nodded "I get why... Although this?"

"You're having nightmares. I know how to stop them."